PS2 Online Setup Disk vs. DRE...HELP!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe I need to run the disk that came with my online adapter to be able to play SDvR06 online...but...my stupid PS2 is one of those busted ones that can't read blueback discs. Because it can't read my disk can I not install it at all? If so this is horribly lame...

If there's no way to deal with this...can anyone think of a solution of some sort? Or maybe I don't need it to install the adapter...?

Please help! I already spent over 100 bucks getting the parts I need to make it wireless and all...I don't want to have to go buy a whole new ****ing PS2 on top of it.

Best answers
Most the time to my knowledge to setup your network setup, you can do it inside of a games online mode, it will ask you if you want to set up your network.

Either way has worked for me, i just prefer it to be done via the sony way, instead of capcom etc, but once it is setup it works on anygame regardless.

BTW explain what that is, instead of abbreviations if it wouldn't be to much of a problem.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride, try using two equal lengths of tape on either side of the disc's arbor hole. Note crude ascii diagram below:

|o|

The o is the center of your disc, and the two lines are where and how you should place 2 pieces of tape. Make sure that the tape lines up right on the edge of the hole, not away from it, nor over it.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any game CD/DVD that supports online has full function of the startup CD inside it. Just go into online mode and set it up from there.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I did. But now I'm having new problems...
Try the method that Cuc suggested. It's how I got Time Crisis 2 working no-problem when my PS2 started having trouble reading it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you think the natural network setup CD will do anything that will help my problems detailed in my other thread? Because like it says in that thread--I got online fine, but all of my buttons were on horrible delays ingame. In the process of trying to fix this weird unregistered lag (it showed me as fully in the green ingame, and no one else lagged even in my hosted games...it was just a horrible delay on my controller's input, not the game as a whole), I ended up screwing up my wireless go-between box somehow, and now it's all manner of screwed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom