PS2 on the computer yay!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got my PS2 hooked up to my PCI card. Now, I was wondering if I bought a component cable for it that it'll be better looking on the computer because its all like strechy looking, and I can barely see the fonts on most of the games, or I can get a thing called S-Video cable for my PS2 but I don't think it'll barely does anything, so what do you recommend? :scared:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ever tried an Emulator? I'm not sure of the legal issues associated with it, But If you have the games legally it might be alright :) And Emulators can also enhance the graphics of games! ^.^
I use it for PS1 games, Play Final Fantasy 8 at 1280x800 with full AA and AF makes the PC version look like doom! :) Plus the textures aint' all blocky and stuff! :D
I've never hooked a console up to a PC but If you did so it would look all blurry, or stretched or whatnot because the PS2 cant scale resolutions. (I think don't hold me to it!) A computer monitor is more advanced than a T.V dot pitch and resolution wise.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's talking about actually hooking up you PS2 to your PC.

I hook mine up to my TV Card, using S-Video and it looks pretty good and sharp.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Using Jack and Daxter as a test since you can see what I see =p, so which one is better? Mad Katz Component Cables or a S-Video Cable? They're both 15 bucks... but I don' t want to buy both. o_o

I just used a composition outlet, so I had to use a female converter to make the sounds. If I buy either of those, will that improve the sound too?

@Pemalite: I used a PS2 emulator and it didn't really work, only 20FPS. =p

It hella looks better playing on a computer monitor than on TV though.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I have a surround system that I hook my laptop into... So if I was in your situation I would probably hook the PS2 to the computer via S-Video and the PS2 to the stereo system, There are also cables so you can use the AV sound cables from the PS2 and connect it to your computer, And that looks blurry as Mc' hell! :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a surround system that I hook my laptop into... So if I was in your situation I would probably hook the PS2 to the computer via S-Video and the PS2 to the stereo system, There are also cables so you can use the AV sound cables from the PS2 and connect it to your computer, And that looks blurry as Mc' hell! :p
I have digital speakers, so those are good enough for me. I already have the cables, my female converter. Let me say this in a better way lol, I need to know whats better, a S-Video cable or Mad Katz Component Cable that makes it look a lot better and good looking on a LCD widescreen. I never seen a S-Video cable around so I might look for one used, and try it out. If not, I can say its not working and return it. =p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should probably just change your resolution.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The quality of the connection is important, I reccomend Monster Cables;

http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/ps2_cables.asp
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=1302

Pricier, but you know where the money went when you buy them.

SV said:
I hook mine up to my TV Card, using S-Video and it looks pretty good and sharp.
I'm curious about your set-up as i'm trying to do something similar. I can connect the video and there's about a seconds worth of lag between PS2 and monitor (it's a CRT too, naturally low response time), plus I have no idea how to get audio (one red plug, one white, nothing to plug them into o_O).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, thats ****ing 50 bucks dude, I seen way cheaper in stores!!! O_O

Anyways, I won't buy any cables since I need to get a new bridge and some strings. Anyways I can record videos, but they don't have sound. Do I have to plug the audio to the soundboard itself or what?

@ Ravendust: You need a converter and a female depending on what you can find. You plug the white and red cables to the converter / female then you plug the converters and you plug it right into your microphone slot and it should work, I think.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most TV cards don't support component in . . . does yours?

S-Video should do just fine, I have hooked up my PS2 to my All In Wonder and it works just ducky.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grr, can someone show me the difference with S-Video cable and a Component Cable aka Monster ones and yeah my TV card supports that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom