PS and jump suggestion

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK first the PS. Now i know that 1.3 will have its own PS system but this idea aint directly about the PS itself.

Lets be honest. A PS dosent happen unless you are strong enough to struggle a kame with a genbeam or 2 people agree on doing it. And i dont see that changing for 1.3

So my idea:
Every character should have 1 beam (one of there own) that fires instantly. It has the strength of 50% fully charged original attack. But it can only be ussed for beamstruggles (unless that character has no strong beams e.g. Trunks and Frieza).

Basicly this instant beam drains the same % of KI as a fully charged normal beam of the same class would drain for 50% of the fully charged power of that beamclass.

Player - Beams
Goku - Kamehameha (all forms)
Gohan - Masenko
SSJ,SSJ2 Gohan - Kamehameha
Vegeta - Galit Gun
SSJ, SSJ2 Vegeta - Final Flash
Cell, Perfect Cell - Kamehameha
Imperfect Cell - Galit Gun
Piccolo - Masenko (all forms)
Buu - Mouth Meam (all forms)
Krillin - Kamehameha (all forms)
Trunks - none
Frieza - none

I dont have information on Ginyu and A18 so i cant suggest anything for them. And Trunks and Frieza dont realy have any big beams.

Now this beam causes 0 damage to oponents when detonated or directly hit. But it fires instantly with no charge time making it perfect for countering beams comming at you. When you detonate the beam it just fades out with no explosion or blast radious. Instead i was thinking it could knock the oponent away if directly hit but still dealing 0 damage.

This would solve the problems of absolutly no Power Struggles that arent planned by the 2 people or as stated abbove one guy can struggle a kamehameha with a genbeam.

Now moving on to suggestion 2.
Basicly thisone is simple. Right now you cant realy jump forward or any other direction that would count as a leap. You just go up.

So here is the idea. When standing oin the ground you press and hold the crouch (A.K.A duck button [the one you doubletap to fly down]) and your character goes into a position thats the same as if you are thrown into the ground and recover.

You know Goku goes on his knees. Here you have a chance to jump in 5 directions (up, forward, back, left, right). Well same here. Only you can do it the instant you press duck.

example:
You are standing on the ground and press duck.
Your character goes into the leap position (same as recovering from beeing smashed down directly).
You press and a direction and than hit jump.
Your character jumps in that direction.

If you just press jump without a direction you just go up.

Basicly this gives jump a ner meaning on the ground. You get more variaty of avading someone who is swooping at you.

Sorry i made you read this mutch. But C&C please and a reply from a teammember would also be good XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err dont know about the PS idea but for the jumping thing, isnt it kind of meaningless cuz you already have the ability to swoop or teleport >_>

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
COOL I think its great :D :yes: the jump sugestion :D but the beam I dont know maybe Trunks has an attack "BURNING ATTACK"you know in that esf 1.3 april movie 1 year ago!!! flame thrower !!! maybe its POWERFULL but for frieza he knows just death ball shame on him :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Suggestion 1:

Greatly thought out, can be very useeful in certain situations, I know why you suggested this, so it's just using the alt fire to make it. It does no damage, but has knock back, sounds good, but if you're in a ps and you win, it causes damage like it would if it was 2 normal beams, am I right?

Well then, this is good, I'd find it very useful, especially in those times when you have to think fast.

Suggestion 2:

No problem with this one, good for a quick get away, but it should then be faster then the usual jumps, maybe? But it shouldn't go TOO vertical, and not too horizontal either, they'll have to work it out, too horizontal and you'll end up jumping into a hill, too vertical then the other guy will easily be able to cath up to you.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Suggestion 1:

Greatly thought out, can be very useeful in certain situations, I know why you suggested this, so it's just using the alt fire to make it. It does no damage, but has knock back, sounds good, but if you're in a ps and you win, it causes damage like it would if it was 2 normal beams, am I right?

Well then, this is good, I'd find it very useful, especially in those times when you have to think fast.

Suggestion 2:

No problem with this one, good for a quick get away, but it should then be faster then the usual jumps, maybe? But it shouldn't go TOO vertical, and not too horizontal either, they'll have to work it out, too horizontal and you'll end up jumping into a hill, too vertical then the other guy will easily be able to cath up to you.
Number 1 was thought just the way you described it yes.

And number 2 is already in kinda. Only you cant do it when you want. Remember when you get thrown into the ground and you hold jump. YOu catch yourself and than you can jump into a direction. Its basicly the same thing only you can do it whenever you want.

And the benifit against swoop is that you dont use up KI

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andreyesf said:
But it will drain stamina
Depends i have no idea how the stamina saystem would work. All i know is that it gives more variaty to the jump and the animations are basicly there already. All that it requires is the code ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually rather like the idea of an instant-fire beam. I too think that it would increase the amount of PSing in games.

But I kind of doubt it would be able to really struggle against anything bigger than a Genbeam, do you think? :eek:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the struggle power is equal to 50% the power of a fully charged beam.

For SSJ Vegeta it would be 50% of a fully charged Final Flash. Ofcourse only in struggle power. Not in damage ^^

Best answers
Grega said:
So my idea:
Every character should have 1 beam (one of there own) that fires instantly. It has the strength of 50% fully charged original attack. But it can only be ussed for beamstruggles (unless that character has no strong beams e.g. Trunks and Frieza).

Basicly this instant beam drains the same % of KI as a fully charged normal beam of the same class would drain for 50% of the fully charged power of that beamclass.

Player - Beams
Goku - Kamehameha (all forms)
Gohan - Masenko
SSJ,SSJ2 Gohan - Kamehameha
Vegeta - Galit Gun
SSJ, SSJ2 Vegeta - Final Flash
Cell, Perfect Cell - Kamehameha
Imperfect Cell - Galit Gun
Piccolo - Masenko (all forms)
Buu - Mouth Meam (all forms)
Krillin - Kamehameha (all forms)
Trunks - none
Frieza - none
[/COLOR]
Actually, Trunks does have a strong beam. When Vegeta let Cell absorve A18, Trunks entered the battle e launch a beam attack on Vegeta (it was very quickly). Later, Vegeta says that was one of Trunks most powerfull attacks.
I?ll see if I can find a picture or a little video or remember the number of the episode, so you can see it, but if this attack were implemented, it might be usefull for this idea.
Ah, and it is a great idea, I completelly agree with it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well im refering to ESFs Trunks. So its up to teh team to give him a strong enough beam to make this worth while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YEAH! another beam for trunks, let's keep our thumbs crossed.

Oh and I understand your jumping suggestion now, so instead of just jumping away when hit into the ground you can tap the direction you want to go, but ALSO why not make it for normal jumping too, when you keep ctrl in and a direction then tap the jump button it goes into that direction in a fast horizontal speed, about 60% or so...
not that it will be used that much :b

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think Trunks Burning attack should be stronger and shouldn't blind. Why does it blind..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It blinds because it does not have much power. Trunks is a melee-oriented character, so blinding your opponent allows you to rush in and attack.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like number 1... but there was something else that I think it cud apply too.. but its not something i think i cud/should go into detail here.

I like the second idea as well, I've been thinking of something similar recently.
The way I think it should be done (maybe just in addition to your idea) is that when you drop out of swoop and fall to the floor by just holding space you'll jump of the ground as you currently do, however, if you hold space and a direction before you land on the floor and during, you'd spring off in the direction you're holding. This wouldn't be jumping upwards at the moment, you'd go more in the direction than upwards if you get what i mean, like how you jump out of recovery atm. See if it was like that, i dont think you'd need to crouch before, but maybe... I dunno =P just that if it was like that, I think you could use jumping even more effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom