Protocol 47

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He guys. I play esf on steam, and when i connect to some servers, it says your client is protocol 47, its should be 48 (something like this). How can i upgrade to protocol 48 or how to fix it?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
that means u are connecting with non-steam server becouse now steam servers are using only 48 protocol

can you connect to H.H public server ?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I could be wrong, but I do believe Protocol 47 is WON. But of course I could fail and be wrong completely.. if I am, carry on! :D

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
sky u are wrong, this protocol 48 was introduced year or two ago probably it had to do sth with avatar display not shure of that.

Last edited:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont get it... protocol 47 are non-steam servers?
Which wouldn't make sense seeing as how non-Steam servers don't use Steam.

Either way, according to the link I provided, protocol 48 was released through a Steam update. So, if you downloaded the latest Steam updates, then you should have it.

However, if the server you want to join doesn't have the latest protocol, then you can't join it and there's nothing you can do but find another server.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Many nonsteam servers run on protocal 47. You're probably trying to join one of them.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either you're non-Steam user or your protocol is 47 and you need to update Half-Life or the server you're trying to connect to is outdated or non-Steam.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah.

Connecting on WON to STEAM servers causes protocol error 47 to 48, means you have to update your half life 1 Steam (also you will be unable to connect to any steam servers anyways cause they check for CD KEY, and we all know WON players are all little pirates).

Connecting on STEAM to WON servers causes protocol error 48 to 47, means the server you tried to connect is Outdated (possible WON)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to clarify to sky.

WON = protocol 46 and older
STEAM (the early versions till about a year and a half ago) = protocol 47
STEAM (current) = Protocol 48

Protocol 47 is usually an indication of the use of a STEAM hack. Though Evolution did get a steam account at that little contest, so updating STEAM should fix it.

Or rather redownload and reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom