Proper Metal (check out my band)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.myspace.com/lostwithoutasoulmusic

we finished our cd, we're arranging tour dates and venues, let us know if you want to hear us in countries outside of the uk, show us to your friends, get us well known, we'll play anywhere!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im glad to see after all those guitar pix, finally music came. Excellent! I like it. It is the type of music I like. THough Im not good musician, I like it very much. G/J dude

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, I hadn't even realized you were workin on something like this.

Seriously, it warms my heart of stone to listen to new awesome metal being put out \m/

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome stuff Lee!

I've finally picked up the axe and have been learning for about a month. :p

Now I'm motivated to try harder. Good stuff!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to give word to a couple DJs on one of the stations here, I know they'd love you guys. They're pretty good about getting unknown metal out there, and hell I'm likely to hear you guys during their Metal Lixx show they put on midnight to two every night.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman, that would be so awsome, i can send copies of the MP3's soon (we're getting our licenses sorted atm).

Cucumba, dude, keep it up, it's the most rewarding thing i ever started! if you need tips/advice/anything like that, let me know i'll be sure to do all i can.

i'll try to get a video up soon of some of the guitar parts, so if you want to try learning some of our stuff you can. alternatively if there's anything you want to learn and need examples of how to play it, i can do videos of that for you too Cuc.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, I need to learn how to pick faster right now :p

The only thing I can play decently atm is Iron Man.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I'm still on Leaving on a Jet Plane and The Gambler <.<. Damn it, i hate being a beginner.

On topic: Man, you guys almost pwn Metallica :p. Too bad you're not licensed yet, or I would've had to buy the songs instead of recording them XD

lol j/k

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.myspace.com/lostwithoutasoulmusic

we finished our cd, we're arranging tour dates and venues, let us know if you want to hear us in countries outside of the uk, show us to your friends, get us well known, we'll play anywhere!
Funky! I love seeing new bands! Play near Stevenage! (not in it, it's a lousy place)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, I need to learn how to pick faster right now :p

The only thing I can play decently atm is Iron Man.
buy a metronome, that monotonous ticking is the key to it all. Steve Vai himself said "the key to playing really fast, is playing really REALLY slow".

basically, practice your scales (once you know your scales, and more importantly, what makes the scale) you can build an infinate ammount of chords from it. practice them as slow as you need to be able to play each note perfectly, then speed it up. if you speed it up to the point where you're playing sloppy, or missing more than 1 note per octave, then slow down a bit more until you can hammer them out at that speed, rinse repeat.

it's a long, slow process, i'm not going to lie it can be boring as ****. but get it down and you can play anything. learning scales also builds your "musical ear", so you can start listening to a song and playing along with it just on pitch.

if you want to buy any books, i would reccomend this:
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Lead-Guitar-Primer-Stetina/dp/079351097X

followed by books 1 and 2.

i started out with just book 1, but i've found teaching people is easier with the primer, as it starts on a much more basic level, and builds a very firm foundation to work from. it has a CD with a tuning track (in case you don't own a tuner). in primer, you have about 2 chapters of exercises, then a short demo track with a solo to play along to. then another 2 chapters and a harder track to jam to.

book 1 builds your theoretical knowledge, along with more complex scale patterns (primer uses the pentatonic, which is quite basic, but very good for simple solos (see metallica. lol @ brackets in brackets), and building picking speed), and jamming tracks.

book 2 is gnarly.

then there's a final book "speed mechanics for lead guitar" which teaches **** like "The Flight Of The BumbleBee"....yeah....

good luck, like i said, if you have questions, post them.

i might have to start a guitar lesson thread :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, it was ok until you guys started 'singing'. The screaming ruins the whole thing for me, but I guess that's metal and to each his own. Best of luck to you in your band

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds good dude. You guys sound kind of like All That Remains a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really can't stand the vocals, during the first few songs I found my self plotting your lead singers demise.. other than that, the guitar sounded sexy, but like sub said, the vocals ruined it. Sorry, but it's just not my thing :(.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
buy a metronome, that monotonous ticking is the key to it all. Steve Vai himself said "the key to playing really fast, is playing really REALLY slow".

basically, practice your scales (once you know your scales, and more importantly, what makes the scale) you can build an infinate ammount of chords from it. practice them as slow as you need to be able to play each note perfectly, then speed it up. if you speed it up to the point where you're playing sloppy, or missing more than 1 note per octave, then slow down a bit more until you can hammer them out at that speed, rinse repeat.

it's a long, slow process, i'm not going to lie it can be boring as ****. but get it down and you can play anything. learning scales also builds your "musical ear", so you can start listening to a song and playing along with it just on pitch.

if you want to buy any books, i would reccomend this:
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Lead-Guitar-Primer-Stetina/dp/079351097X

followed by books 1 and 2.

i started out with just book 1, but i've found teaching people is easier with the primer, as it starts on a much more basic level, and builds a very firm foundation to work from. it has a CD with a tuning track (in case you don't own a tuner). in primer, you have about 2 chapters of exercises, then a short demo track with a solo to play along to. then another 2 chapters and a harder track to jam to.

book 1 builds your theoretical knowledge, along with more complex scale patterns (primer uses the pentatonic, which is quite basic, but very good for simple solos (see metallica. lol @ brackets in brackets), and building picking speed), and jamming tracks.

book 2 is gnarly.

then there's a final book "speed mechanics for lead guitar" which teaches **** like "The Flight Of The BumbleBee"....yeah....

good luck, like i said, if you have questions, post them.

i might have to start a guitar lesson thread :p
I actually got that tip from a Dave Mustaine interview. He does pentatonics (according to him) and repeats ad nauseum. So I learned the very first scale of that and a few chords too. I can play that scale fairly fast, but not yet breakneck. At least I know I'm barking up the right tree.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, i dunno synth, i think we're trying to play catch up with the last 10 years of american bands :p

we're pumping out so many new songs at the moment, and they keep getting faster and heavier O_O

i mean, i'm influenced heavily by the big four, along with some newer bands like machinehead (the blackening, in particular "clenching the fists of dissent" is one of the best albums i've EVER heard!). and the other guitarist is into newer bands like Chimera, Killswitch, Trivium etc. and i like to think it shows in our music.

oh, and our drummer is into jazz xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty good. It's different than what I usually listen to (which is good), but I like it. Good job on your CD and I'd go to your concert if you played here.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's ok bolt, he doesn't like you either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom