progressive damage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At this point, the community should prove to the team that they can make an effort rather than the team giving them good will. It's silly to have the team work on something that will never be used.

Edit:

Also: Nice double post.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Project Tien is still open.

@Dam yet those 4 animators is 4 times more that the dev team has. How is that not a faliure when 4 people could not animate a single model where DT has over 36 models to animate ALONE.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Project Tien is still open.

@Dam yet those 4 animators is 4 times more that the dev team has. How is that not a faliure when 4 people could not animate a single model where DT has over 36 models to animate ALONE.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a "failure", I can see why the animations weren't finished. The whole animation system wasn't very organized at all, I'm sure there were times where more than one person would do the same animation. You're not an animator, but when **** like that happens, it's not very fun. Also due to lack of motivation, and the unwillingness to do the hard work and amount of work. Over 100 animations is a lot to do for 4 inexperienced people who have never really worked on something like that before, while DT on the other hand, had been animating for years prior to Operation Tien and knew how much work that needed to be done for a character. He has a motivation and a job, while Operation Tien was, well... a community project. DT was, and still is, the only animator on the team, so he kind of does have an obligation, compared to the contributors.

At this point, the community should prove to the team that they can make an effort rather than the team giving them good will. It's silly to have the team work on something that will never be used.

Edit:

Also: Nice double post.
TALK TO ME WHEN YOU'RE OFF YOUR PERIOD, DANNY DEVITO.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So your argument goes from "we only had" to "they sucked", good job, Bob.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dam DT had to learn it to. He didnt drop onto this world with all his skills. But if 4 people give up on animating a single model, then they should not start animation in the first place since they lack the will power to increase their skills.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dam DT had to learn it to. He didnt drop onto this world with all his skills. But if 4 people give up on animating a single model, then they should not start animation in the first place since they lack the will power to increase their skills.
Right, but what I'm saying is the people who wanted to contribute probably didn't realize the amount of work that was required, so they lost motivation. It isn't uncommon for someone who's just learning the steps to make a commitment and then realize that it's too much work or they just don't want to do it halfway through.

So your argument goes from "we only had" to "they sucked", good job, Bob.
TALK TO ME WHEN YOU'RE OFF YOUR PERIOD, DANNY DEVITO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom