Progress

Best answers
well im new in the forums.. but Ive been a very loyal fan of E.S.F. for a year or so... and very anxious for 1.3 to be completed.
so a little suggestion I had... actually comes from other Half-Life mod sites... that either on the left or the right side of the screen they have a little window that marks their progress in percentage values.. say:

programming: 30%
modeling: 40%

..and something like that.
It would be good if the site had something like this little window to keep fans a bit more informed (percentage wise) and that way it also helps to keep away unnecesary comments like "when is it coming out?" or "why are you guys taking so long?".

ok that is all
*poof*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, personally, I'd rather have them pop it out on us one day and have everyone like OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGG ESF 1.3 IS OUT OMFGOMFGOMFG THIS IS COOOL

plus, if everyone knew when it was going to come out, they'd wait and once it came out, EVERYONE would download it and waste bandwidth. I dont know about you, but I wouldn't want to download at like 50 kb/s D:

Good Idea none the less.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been suggested a million times. The simple fact is we dunno what percentage we are at. And even if we had that on our site, we'd be far too lazy to actually update it.

We add things and take things away all the time. It just wouldn't work.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not only what kama said, but stating a percentage can put some peoples hopes up, then they come to the forum saying "how ****ing long are you going to spend on 1.3, you said bleh is 90% done!?!?!!!" We'd rather not have that kinda hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom