Profit and Altruism

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you believe there are both commercial and underground entities that perform tasks that are actually meant to benefit people?

Countless times I have seen people criticize a company, be it for video games, movies, food, or technology, doing something because "they love money". Do you believe that the new feature that next console or computer has was meant to please the user before bring in a profit, or vice versa?

I wouldn't put it pass a company to milk a cash-cow, but I see people jump to the same conclusion when a product seems rushed, low quality, or numerous, and deem it "for the money".

Personally, I believe many people out there actually make things to better the live of people. Not just the underdogs, but even the multi-billion dollar companies. And to a point, I don't care if money was a big goal for the company. The world runs on money and chances are the business is a competitive one, so it's not like they are evil for wanting to make money, or establish dominance in their area of specialty.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I guess if a company doesn't listen to the wants/criticisms of it's target customers then I'd say it's a good indication that they aren't all that concerned about customer pleasing/benefit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A corporation exists solely to make money, and CEOs must act towards that end. It goes without saying that they're "doing it for the money." That doesn't make it evil, it's merely the basis by which companies exist and operate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom