Processor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retired
Best answers
Hey Guys,

After some thought and web surfing I've come to a dead end.
Recently my aunt was given an old pc from her work. After opening it up and noticing the processor was literally hanging out of the socket it became apparent that the CPU was useless as multiple pins where bent and torn off.

Anyway i checked the mobo on the net and the specs say the CPU is a Socket 370. after looking at various computer retailer sites no one seems to sell anything that can be used with a Socket 370. I also figured that maybe there is a newer socket that can take its place but no dice.

Now since CPUs have always been my weak spot (Especially Older ones) i come to you guys to ask if you guys have any suggestions or sites where i could purchase a CPU for cheap. closest site i came to was a CPU for $200 and it was clocked at 1 GHZ.

If anyone needs the Identification Code on the Mobo is : GA-6VTXE
Type it into Google and it should come up.

Thanks in Advance Guys
Lite

Retired
Best answers
Excellent, I don't know why i didnt try that myself. maybe i was so hung up on finding it within the city i didn't wanna take into consideration about buying online.

Anyway Thank you again

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually have an old 370 cpu laying around (Pentium III @800mhz I think), if you want it I'll ship it to you.

Retired
Best answers
thanks for the offer Rich, but i had a brilliant idea last night. I forgot that we had a store here in Winnipeg which is almost like a Car Junk Yard but only contains old PC's. I went by last night and picked up an old CPU that seems to work for $10. not a bad steal. lets hope it doesn't die in the next little while.

Thanks again for the offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom