Problems with my ESF

Best answers
Everytime i Install.....everything works fine the first time. then after a while i will try to start up the game....and it goes to the half life screen....not the one with vegeta and piccolo. and then when i play, i have nothing on screen to help me out. No HUD whatsoever. no attack....no scouter.....no health.

anyone know whats going on?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
try draw_hud 1

Best answers
same problem happened again. draw hud didnt work. i have steam.

would a different model for a character cause this at all? because i have customised a few characters of course.

Best answers
well i used the installer an this is where it put it

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\******@aol.com\half-life

that is where my folder "esf" is located at.

Best answers
yes i do. now im adding a bunch of stuff because the message is too short :p

Best answers
Im not going to reinstall steam. because the same thing used to happen to me on my desktop. and now im on my laptop.

this is the 3rd time ESF was installed on this comp. because the problem comes back.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using the 1.2.3 full installer?. Did you play half-life once before isntalling esf (by playying, I mean walknig around in the training room for 10seconds and then exiting half-life).

Best answers
yes im using that installer.

you have to play half life in order for it to be able to install......and yes i have played online plenty of times.

my game still works and everything. i justcan see how much ki i have......or how much i need to charge an attack......or anything except the actual game world and players.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have to play half life in order for it to be able to install
Not entirely true, you can just launch half-life, go into the hl menu and just exit and the installer will install it. The reason I suggested you did that is because half-life creates files nessacary for mods if you have played it before (assuming you didn't play half-life even once before install).

What Graphics mode are you using?.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Switch from D3D or Software to OpenGL, if you can. Also, posting a screenshot of your problems never hurts.

Best answers
yeah....but i rarely ever play online

my problem exists even when i just play against bots....or just all by myself with no1.

i once started to join a server....and realised it was a mod. then i quit while it was joining and played in a normal server.

the problem always seems to come when i turn off the computer.

im thinking about reinstalling and if it breaks again....whatever. the game gets boring anyway.

*****oh yes and thank you very much to everyone who has tried to help, or who may help in the future. I appreciate it."

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just reinstall it. Regardless of you not playing online, the files you accidently downloaded from an EVM server can still cause problems with ESF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom