Problems with HL and ESF RC2

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
!!Quick reply please!!
Hi guys, i'm new to this esf game.. i Love dragonball and checked out all games for DB in the world to find one for pc.. and this is probably the only game made for pc.. ^^

Well.. i got these problems..
First of all I've bought and downloaded Half-Life through steam, but it doesn't create a folder for HL on the computer.. How do i install esf with HL then if i don't have a folder to install it in?

My second prob is that i have HL (non-steam) and wanted to play esf offline mode. i installed it all, with rc2 and bigpack.. but when i create a server, about 2 minutes elapse and the game crashed, without any error message or sound! :s
How could that be, can anyone give me an answer to that?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If you have bought Half-Life and using steam with it as combination, then there is no need to use non-steam. Remember that everything non-steam related we don't give support to. Launch Half-Life 1 once through steam and then run the ESF v1.2.3 installer to install the mod. The installer will automatic find the half-Life folder on your computer.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There is no folder on my computer? cause i bought it online, so it's automaticaly added to steam. i don't have cd or anything for HL ..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea if you buy a game through STEAM the entire instalation gets downloaded though STEAM and automatically patched to the latest version. Just right click on the games name in your STEAM games library and select install. Once thats done you will still not have any Half Life foulder though. But you should notice filles with the extention .cgf Those files are basically your game. Then when you start the game files will be unpacked from those GCF files creating the Half Life directory and all the other directories related to Half Life.

So basically all you need to do is rin the game from the STEAM games list.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah I've done that alright, thank you both.. :)

There's just one thing though.. I can't find any servers through steam to this game? Is it because you need to get some other installation or is it simply because you can only play with bots?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.2.3 should have quite a few servers online. Now if you installed the open beta thats a different story. Since the Open Beta really doesnt have any servers XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So what you're saying is, that if you wanna play with some friends, you gotta do it on LAN? :eek:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. The STEAM master server is working properly. You just need to make sure that you can actually host an internet server and that it isnt blocked by a router or firewall.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No, he means that you can play it online with friends that also have steam and esf 1.2.3 on some servers, OR you can play on LAN with friends that have steam and esf 1.2.3 creating a local listen server (or dedicated).

ESF Open Beta has kinda low reputation around, therefore no one likes it.

Also you can try creating a listen server (menu, create server) unmarking LAN Game over the "GAME" tab and copying your TCP/IP:port to your steam friend using command "status" on the console.

--- Sorry grega, i was typing the reply when you posted :p

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ty both for replying.. I have permitted the game in firewall, so that's fine, and i play ESF 1.2.3.. actually i found a server yesterday so now i know it works. :) Isn't there any clans of sort? I wanna find some players to play online with.. anyone who can create a server or something. that's more fun than bots ;-)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you by chance set your filter to hide games with no people in them.

If yes thats why you arnt getting many servers. In ESF you kinda wait round in an empty server for a bit and if its the right time of day a few minutes later the server fills XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom