Problems showing up my server on master server list

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm having some problems now, for some reason my server won't show up in the main master server list. Even though i did added the ports:

Port start: 27013 (both TCP and UDP)
Port end: 27016 (both TCP and UDP)
Private port: 27015 (prolly wrong, but i tried a lot of ports, even 2500)
Host IP address: 10.0.0.7

So what is the problem? And for those who will answer "Sv_lan 0", The game has not the LAN option enabled, which means the SV_Lan is already at 0.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Nope, i don't use any kind of firewalls. Never will either.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Host IP address: 10.0.0.7.
Tip: That isn't your IP address. That range is reserved for use on private networks, and isn't available on the "public" internet.

Your server is probably bound to the wrong IP (which would allow it to appear locally and over a LAN, but not on the internet).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
goto start-->run and type cmd

then type ipconfig

where it says IP address is your ip address

you might of got it mixed up with your router IP ;/

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
IP-Address: 10.0.0.7
Sub: 255.0.0.0.0
Stand, Gateway: 10.0.0.2

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
IP-Address: 10.0.0.7
Sub: 255.0.0.0.0
Stand, Gateway: 10.0.0.2
Ok yea, I wasn't sure if you knew which address that was. That (10.0.0.7) is the address you will want to forward whatever port HLDS is running on too (probably port 27015).

The address people will want to connect to can be found at www.whatismyip.com

Contrary to popular belief, you only need the 1 port HLDS is set to listen on forwarded, and it will still be listed on the master server. I run a 20 slot CS 1.6 server (port 27015) and a 20 slot DoD: Source server (port 27016) on my other box, and they both have random people join up. :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm still rather confused about this. I don't even know what to put in the "Private Port", and the Host IP address should be the ip from whatismyip.com or 10.0.0.7?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
There should be a guide for your router model on www.portforward.com

The 10.0.0.7 is your computers IP address in relation to your router. This is the IP you will forward the port to.

The IP shown on www.whatismyip.com is your network's IP address in relation to everyone else on the internet. This is the IP that other people will add to their server browser when they want to join your server.

For the private port, select whichever port you told HLDS to listen on. If you didn't tell it to listen on a specific port, it will use 27015 by default. If given the option, you only need to forward it for the UDP protocol, not TCP (or both).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
My model E-Tech "ADWL01" is not on the list.

Using:
E-Tech Wireless 11MBPS ADSL Modem.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am pretty shure that of a few things just by scanning through this:

1) Yes, you are behind a firewall.
2) Your firewall is your router
3) You dont know how to forward the ip address from your router to your computer.

ofcourse your modem model is not on the list. We do not care about modems, we care about the router.

Heres my example for my router you should be able to pick out the information you need:
First I check my local ip address by using ipconfig (And find out my local ip is 192.168.1.101 )
Secondly I go to my router (in my case my router ip is http://192.168.1.1/ )
Once I do that, I go to my forwarding section and put in my port range as 27015 through 27015.
I go to the right and put in my local ip. There is a prefilled form that says 192.168.1.___
I put 101 inside the ___

That is how your forward ports on my linksys router. Now you need to find your ROUTER's manufacturer (sp?) and look up on thier website on how to forward ports.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
His modem could also be a router (even though those combos are generally weird).

Also, he mentioned on IRC a day or so after posting that that he had resolved the issue.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Also, he mentioned on IRC a day or so after posting that that he had resolved the issue.
Yea, that's right. I got it fixed. Someone joined my server weeks ago, but for some odd reason I don't see my own server in the server list though. I'm glad i got it all worked out, thanks though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom