Problem

Best answers
Hi,I have a problem with ESF.
When I fly or charge up,the energy field around me doesn't apppear :( :

(Also,the graphics are not good in this map,and the menu is like the version I played some years ago but I have the newest version.And when I play it at the Internet Cafe it has a Different one and CAN transform to Super Sayan 2 and 3 :shocked: .Alos,energy fields appear.)

Also,some attacks are problematic.Ex. The shield,when I use it,it doesn't appear and when I let go of the attack button it appears O_O :

What should I do?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is your renderer mode set to OpenGL? The energy field (known as the turbo aura) only shows when you swoop (you swoop by pressing a direction key twice) or if you press "t".

Best answers
No,it doesn't appear neither when I swoop,nor when I open turbo.What's OpenGL?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you go to your options in ESF, there will be a drop down box with text above it that says "Renderer Mode". If OpenGL isn't selected, then you should select it.

OpenGL is just a graphics renderer that's more stable than Software and D3D mode.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. That's the old version. The new version is 1.2 (plus the patches). The newer version only works on Steam.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you run ESF through Steam? There should be an icon in your games list that says Earth's Special Forces.

Best answers
No,and there isn't an image.Maybe because I have instaled Esf in C:/Games/Half-Life/Esf.Could you give me instructions?

💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Pokemaster said:
Oh,it works now.
But is this the menu of the new version?:
Whoa, it's been incredibly long since I've seen the menu for ESF 1.1

Thanks for the memories, mate.

*Has a flashback of cutting school to play ESF*

Switching to OpenGL should solve your problem, in theory. If it doesn't, your installation may be corrupt. IF switching to OpenGL fails, simply try re-downloading the installer, and re-installing ESF. Make sure you're running version 1.2.3 of ESF, as version 1.1 isn't strongly compatible with Steam.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pokemaster said:
No,and there isn't an image.Maybe because I have instaled Esf in C:/Games/Half-Life/Esf.Could you give me instructions?
Alright. When you install ESF, you need to install it to your Half-Life directory in your SteamApps folder.

💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The above is true as well. The ESF 1.2.3 installer should automatically point to the right directory. So my question is: Did you install ESF before or after you installed Steam? If you installed it before Steam, you should re-run the installer for ESF 1.2.3.

Best answers
I can't find Half-Life in my steam account,Only HL2.I didn't have it instaled but when I reinstall it it gets me to C:\Games\Half Life

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need Half-Life, not Half-Life 2. When you have Steam opened, you can register your Half-Life CD-Key which will allow Steam to download Half-Life off of the server. You have to wait until it finishes downloading and updating. You need to run Half-Life once before you are able to install ESF.

Pokemaster said:
I can't find Half-Life in my steam account,Only HL2.I didn't have it instaled but when I reinstall it it gets me to C:\Games\Half Life
If you already have Half-Life installed somewhere else other than Steam, uninstall it. When you register the CD-key through Steam, you don't need to install Half-Life since Steam will download it off of it's server.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you already register your Half-Life CD-key before?

Best answers
No,I had lost the CD case and I have only the CD and I asked my brother to give me his code.Well,it seems that my brother has to come from Thessaloniki to play with his Half Life.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then it won't work if he already registered the CD-key on Steam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)