Problem with valve editor!

Best answers
This happens when i try to complile a map, my esf is set up for steam.

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Blankuser\half-life

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Blankuser.map" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Blankuser\half-life\esf\maps\Blankuser.map"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really, the type of compile program does not matter. They all do the same depending on how you configure them.

What I always do when I encounter an error i've never seen before is type the error message in google. Helped me each and every time I got stuck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The whole error message?! I used to have that error using hammer, but for some reason when I used ZHLT it worked. But did you remember to export the file to a .map format?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I said the error message, not the log.

Best answers
hmmm, yeah maybe i could try a different compiler...its just that im very familiar with WORLDCRAFT and essentially its the same as VHE. I've never once had this problem with worldcraft. I guess its a new world when i've been away from HL mapping for like 2 years.

Hmmm, also getting this error alot...i got it with Worldcraft a long time ago somewhat but never knew why i was getting it.

************ ERROR ************
nummarkfaces == MAX_LEAF_FACES

When i see this, i just cup my hands over my eyes and cry for 5 hours.

Best answers
bah nevermind, the majority of my problems have gone away just by using a different compiler. thx for the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom