Problem with Photoshop.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm getting a strange photoshop problem. Whenever I start it, my color choice is limited. Apparently, all I can choose is purple and its variations. In ImageReady however, I don't have this problem. Here's a screeny:

As you can see, the color palette is alright here, all colors.

This is not the same case. Only purple and variations of it. What's up??? Whatever I try to change the colors it stays the same.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it remain the same each time you run Photoshop?

Edit

Scratch that last statement. Well, you should be able to use the colors on the color spectrum since it looks like it's just a graphical problem. Have you tried closing out of that window (the "Color, Swatches, Styles" window) and opening it up again?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it remain the same each time you run Photoshop?

Edit

Scratch that last statement. Well, you should be able to use the colors on the color spectrum since it looks like it's just a graphical problem. Have you tried closing out of that window (the "Color, Swatches, Styles" window) and opening it up again?
No that's not the only problem. Almost EVERYTHING is purple. The background is purple no matter what I set it to, whatever pic I load in photoshop receives some purple, etc. Everything is fine in ImageReady though, and I would use it if I knew how to set custom brushes to it.

Best answers
Does the file still have that purple look if you save it? If it doesnt, its probably somekind software based based problem. All i can think now is that, try downloading the latest version. If it doesnt help, then reinstall the program? But youd have to put all the brushes and **** back if you reinstall.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Download the photoshop rc3 beta :D
Thats not a solution really...

Try to reset your Photoshop...umm, I remember doing it once but I dont remember how now =S
Maybe try to open Photoshop and close it through your task manager, when you'll reopen Photoshop it will reset automatically I believe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Desaturate or reset the colors, by pressing Ctrl + d if I remembered correctly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just pressing D resets the colours to black and white, you can also try going to Image -> Mode -> RGB colour. Make sure it's on that one and not something else.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm, i had same kind of issue once, but it was grey, maybe you've putten bitmap settings to purple ?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had this too way back, but I managed to fix it. Can't remember what it was though...I think it were my graphics card drivers. Well, you can always try to update those, just to be sure it's not the drivers. If that doesn't work, I guess you should try a reinstall. And Jariroth, you shouldn't load the brushes into Photoshop itself. You should just make a folder, put all the brushes in there, and just use the '>' arrow to select your brushes, saves some time on loading Photoshop.

Best answers
And Jariroth, you shouldn't load the brushes into Photoshop itself. You should just make a folder, put all the brushes in there, and just use the '>' arrow to select your brushes, saves some time on loading Photoshop.
I knew that... i just couldnt remember it at the moment. o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never mind guys, I solved my problem. I just installed it on my dad's PC, and carried it over to my PC thru LAN. Now it works. Well thanks anyway. Close this now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom