Problem with my map

Best answers
hi i hope you guys can help me :/

i made a map of kamis lookout and now the problem:

when i want to compile with rad and vis he stucks after a while and dont compile it.i tried to run it over night but it didn´t worked so i am depressed :/ and when i compile it without rad and vis its good and i can play the map.But why does it wont compile with rad and vis?

here 2 screens that might be useful to help me with my problem :

http://www.cfgclan.de/mastersofdarkness/help1.JPG
http://www.cfgclan.de/mastersofdarkness/help2.JPG

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The links your provided are dead.

You should use ZHLT since I remembered them being better than most of the other compilers.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vrad has to do with the lighting, usually if you have no light sources it will not compile the Vrad.

The Vvis determines what must be rendered.

To be honest, I do not know how to fix your problem since I do not know the technical things about mapping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whats the scale of your textures? any brushes go into each other? is your brushwork nice and clean? how many lights (if you're using any) are you putting there?

Best answers
the texture are scaled with"fit" and no they dont go into each other and i got 1 light in the map.i already used NULL texture

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
usually the more space on a brush with the smaller the texture makes vis go longer... so if its a really big map and lets say on a lot of ur large brushes theres a really small texture that covers the entire area, it'll take longer to compile

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
xtox_nItRo said:
the texture are scaled with"fit"
the "fit" option isnt always a good idea, ESPECIALLY if you "fit" a texture onto a rather small surface.
anyway
use func_wall brushes for a few things and put HINT brushes into your map ...

i suggest you google and learn how a portal based engine / VIS works in hl and how the engine calculates the "leafes"
it actually helps alot on mapping .. more likely, its essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom