Problem with Fraps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

See what I mean? The FPS is too low to do anything. And not just for ESF. All other games, like Vampire: Bloodlines have the same result when I work with Fraps.

Best answers
maybe you should find a good crack for it , because now you have the trial version that means only 30 sec.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

put ur fps usage to 20 or 25, and put ur full screen to half size.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks, LegendarY. Works like a charm. I set it to 30 fps and it lagged, guess that's why.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mirai_no_Trunks said:
maybe you should find a good crack for it , because now you have the trial version that means only 30 sec.
We don't condone such activities here, so here's a friendly warning not to mention them again in the future.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A better way around this (in hl games atleast) would be to record a demo then have fraps running to record the demo.

Best answers
LegendarY said:

put ur fps usage to 20 or 25, and put ur full screen to half size.
All that does is change the FPS that Fraps is capped at. It doens't make any difference whatsoever in performance. Running it at half-resolution, however, will increase performance.

But your problem is most likely that you're running ESF at a high resolution, so set it down to something like 800x600, and it should run smoother at full resolution.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you culd use Game Cam it's much beter then fraps and you can record more then 30 sec (this is what i use)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u can record in fraps as much as u want.
and gamecam is only suitable at 640x320 mode, not otherwise.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can get it up to 800x600 resolutions the stanradr resolutiuon it's 400x300

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh well, nobody uses 800x600 or lower anyways nowadays, fraps is suitable for all resolutions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, maybe you should run into Electronic Fry's and steal a new GFX card while you're at it. Honestly, just buy the damn software. You're either lazy and unemployed or you have a job but you'd rather spend your paycheck on marijuana. http://fraps.com

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
Yeah, maybe you should run into Electronic Fry's and steal a new GFX card while you're at it. Honestly, just buy the damn software. You're either lazy and unemployed or you have a job but you'd rather spend your paycheck on marijuana. http://fraps.com
This is the main reason why we used to have a rule against rogue moderation. Regular forum-goers sometimes feel the urge to flame when correcting a person's error. I already told him what he said wasn't allowed, there was no need to bring it up again, and there will be no need to bring it up again in this thread, unless he decides to make the same mistake again.

:warning: Warning:warning: For the flame and rogue moderation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom