Problem with ESF, or even Half-Life

Best answers
I have a weird problem with ESF. Well, I just started playing back again, and there's something weird that's going on. When I play it, I can't see my own aura. When I charge, nothing comes up. When I dash, nothing comes up. Even if I do advanced melee, (basic is fine) nothing shows up. If someone is trying to throw me, or gets me in the advanced melee arrow system, I can't see anything. The entire screen just turns black. I don't know what the problem is. The only thing that I've done with Steam, is not used it for a very long time. Oh, and it's not just ESF that's doing this. Other mods on Half-Life do the same thing. There are just certain things on every mod that just don't show up for me. Does anyone know what I need to do?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a weird problem with ESF. Well, I just started playing back again, and there's something weird that's going on. When I play it, I can't see my own aura. When I charge, nothing comes up. When I dash, nothing comes up. Even if I do advanced melee, (basic is fine) nothing shows up. If someone is trying to throw me, or gets me in the advanced melee arrow system, I can't see anything. The entire screen just turns black. I don't know what the problem is. The only thing that I've done with Steam, is not used it for a very long time. Oh, and it's not just ESF that's doing this. Other mods on Half-Life do the same thing. There are just certain things on every mod that just don't show up for me. Does anyone know what I need to do?
What "Renderer Mode" are you using?

Best answers
You tell me...I honestly don't know...Do you mind telling me where I could check what renderer I'm using? Oh also, do you think I might just need to re-download the Half-Life source engine?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you do know what MC is talking about, you just use another word for it. He meant Video modes, as in, OpenGL, Direct3D, or Software. It's under Options > Video. If it's set to software mode than you should change it right away to OpenGL mode, but if that doesn't work either update your drivers or use Direct3D. Hope this helps.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You tell me...I honestly don't know...Do you mind telling me where I could check what renderer I'm using? Oh also, do you think I might just need to re-download the Half-Life source engine?
Half-Life Source? ESF only works on Half-Life.

As for "Renderer Mode", dan_esf_fanatic is correct. I just use "Renderer Mode" instead of video mode since in the options, it's listed as "Renderer Mode".

If it's not the "Renderer Mode" that's causing the problem, then update your drivers like dan_esf_fanatic stated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Follow this thread to quickly update your drivers. Then try running it in OpenGL mode and I think you won't have any more problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom