Problem with character selection in Beta 1.3

And then there were none.
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I've installed the beta .exe and run it correctly. I can play the game, but when selecting my character, it is the default esf 1.2.3 screen w/ a few ad's like Ginyu and Android 18. I have seen what it's supposed to look like, and haven't been able to produce that result even after uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

Any help would be apprieciated.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, quite a few people have been having issues with 1.3, but the thing is, Open Beta was meant purely for testing bugs and not for normal gameplay. Right now the team is leaps ahead of what Open Beta was, so currently there isn't any support for it. If anyone else knows the solution to the issue, they'll let you know, otherwise my advice is to stick with 1.2.3 and wait for Final to get Finished. :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Change your ingame resolution to 1024x768 or higher and youll get the newer select screen.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I heard a lot of problems about esf 1.3. Like the leader said if you have problems with the esf 1.3 beta its "unstable" (and what I meant unstable its not even finished) so don't bother playing any of those unstable betas. Try playing esf 1.2.1 that was stable.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard a lot of problems about esf 1.3. Like the leader said if you have problems with the esf 1.3 beta its "unstable" (and what I meant unstable its not even finished) so don't bother playing any of those unstable betas. Try playing esf 1.2.1 that was stable.
Are you joking o_O 1.2.1 being stable?

That thing crashed every 5 minutes. It was so bad that people called it the millennium edition after windows millennium (which was horrible)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you joking o_O 1.2.1 being stable?

That thing crashed every 5 minutes. It was so bad that people called it the millennium edition after windows millennium (which was horrible)
He meant 1.2.3 Grega. -.-

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if he did mean 1.2.3 he didnt write it ^^ And you know 1.2.1 was horrible in that aspect.

In any case just a little headsup for all you guys. The full name of 1.2.3 is Earth's Special Forces BETA 1.2.3 ^^

Yes 1.2.3 is a beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom