Problem getting ESF to run

Best answers
Ok, I know this has been explained in The Frequently Asked Questions Topic but I've tried all the following tips and i still can't solve my problem. My problem is When I launch Earth's Special Forces and I try and jion a Server MY ESF Crashes and goes to my desktop. It freezes at Parsing Server info and it crashes. (This was when the video setting was on OpenGL) Then i Changed my Video thing to Software mode. I got past Parsing Server info and i actaully jioned a server. I jumped around and fired stuff for 10 seconds and then It crashed again.
My Video Card is : SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741
I know I can Run ESF put it keeps crashing. I also tried doing a google search and tried looking for my video card's Latest drivers. I found it and Downloaded it. but i when i installed it, It was the exactly same drivers as the ones i currently have. Please help?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ESP?
Don't you mean ESF?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep your 'Video Renderer" set to "OpenGL". "Software Mode" is really unstable, and you're more prone to crashes than in the other renderer modes.

The "parsing info" crash is pretty common among a lot of Steam games, and there's really no solid solution for it. You can however try reinstalling ESF, but if that doesn't work, you can then try reinstalling Steam.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aaaa I know that video card go to optin video and chage to OPENGL video option

Best answers
Uh, Grega, he said he joined a server, therefore he must be using Steam. Anyway, try reinstalling your gfx drivers, that could work.
where can i find these gfx drivers? Also i tried re-installing ESF but still smae problem. With OpenGL it NEVER gets past parsing server info, and for software i get like 1 minute of fun then BOOM CRASH...=d

Mog

Best answers
Well, the first question should be:
1. Which version of ESF are you talking about?

I'm guessing you are talking about 1.3 Open Beta... which release? the first one, or the 20th Jan release?

Next question, should probably be:
2. Have you ever installed an older version of ESF before, and played on it without any problems?

Have you installed the first open beta before? (released 5th Jan 2007)
If that one worked but you have installed the latest open beta and that doesn't work, then this isn't going to be gfx driver problem...

3. Don't you get any error messages?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
where can i find these gfx drivers? Also i tried re-installing ESF but still smae problem. With OpenGL it NEVER gets past parsing server info, and for software i get like 1 minute of fun then BOOM CRASH...=d
Just post the name of your graphics card, and I'll try to find the latest drivers for you. Or just do it yourself, I assume you have either an Nvidia or ATI gfx card, so follow either of these links depending on that:

ATI Graphics Drivers ~ http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
NVidia Graphics Drivers ~http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

If you have a different card, then just google the drivers, type something like <your card=""> drivers</your>. Also, if that doesn't work, try using Direct3D mode, I find it more stable than OpenGL at times, even though everyone claims otherwise.

Best answers
Well, the first question should be:
1. Which version of ESF are you talking about?

I'm guessing you are talking about 1.3 Open Beta... which release? the first one, or the 20th Jan release?

Next question, should probably be:
2. Have you ever installed an older version of ESF before, and played on it without any problems?

Have you installed the first open beta before? (released 5th Jan 2007)
If that one worked but you have installed the latest open beta and that doesn't work, then this isn't going to be gfx driver problem...

3. Don't you get any error messages?
Answer to Question 1
It says i have ESF version 1.3 open beta
2. No
3.I dont get any error messages

Just post the name of your graphics card, and I'll try to find the latest drivers for you. Or just do it yourself, I assume you have either an Nvidia or ATI gfx card, so follow either of these links depending on that:

ATI Graphics Drivers ~ http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
NVidia Graphics Drivers ~http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

If you have a different card, then just google the drivers, type something like <your card=""> drivers</your>. Also, if that doesn't work, try using Direct3D mode, I find it more stable than OpenGL at times, even though everyone claims otherwise.
My vid card = SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, I don't think I've ever heard of that card. Are you sure you got it right? Go to Properties, Settings tab, then Advanced, Adapter tab and read from there if you're not sure. Even better, take a screenshot. Like this:

Mine is RADEON 9200 Series, but that card you said sounds awfully wierd to me. So just check here and tell me.

Mog

Best answers
SiS = Silicon Integrated Systems Corp.
They make cheap budget motherboards.

I think that might be onboard gfx, not sure though.

Best answers
Uh, I don't think I've ever heard of that card. Are you sure you got it right? Go to Properties, Settings tab, then Advanced, Adapter tab and read from there if you're not sure. Even better, take a screenshot. Like this:

Mine is RADEON 9200 Series, but that card you said sounds awfully wierd to me. So just check here and tell me.
Where do i go to properites? Start menu properties? LOL OBVIOUSLY not but..w.e Where do i go to properties....
What program do i use to take Screenshots?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You right click on the desktop, Properties, then Settings tab, then Advanced, then in the new window do to Adapter tab, and there take the screenshot.

screeshot: Just press Print Screen, go to Paint and press CTRL+V or Edit>Paste and now the screen will be a pic in paint. Then just save it, upload it on photobucket or imageshack and link it here.

Best answers
You right click on the desktop, Properties, then Settings tab, then Advanced, then in the new window do to Adapter tab, and there take the screenshot.

screeshot: Just press Print Screen, go to Paint and press CTRL+V or Edit>Paste and now the screen will be a pic in paint. Then just save it, upload it on photobucket or imageshack and link it here.
Not gonna paste SS gonna tell you everythin though

Adapter Type
SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M7A1
----------
l Properties l
Adapter information

Chip type SiS 741 Rev 00
DAC Type : Internal
Memory Size : 32 MB
Adapter String Sis Compatible VGA

This is wat i got when i hit Properties

Under General Tab it says

Device type : Display adapters
Maunfacturer : SiS

------Device Status-------------------
This device is working properly.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter.

Under Driver Tab

Driver Provider : SiS
Driver Date : 10/30/2003
Driver Version : 6.14.10.3540
Digital Signer : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Mog

Best answers
Lukuyo said:
Are you sure you don't mean:
SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741
?
You wrote it that way 3 times so you may be right... it's just that I have no idea what gfx you are talking about if it really is an "A".

Well if it you have "SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741", that is an onboard video module.
Your driver version: "6.14.10.3540" is pretty much the latest version you can have.
You should have an AGP slot on your board, this isn't used because you have onboard gfx.

I would advise getting a good graphics card for it, 128mb AGP shouldn't cost too much.
You would need to check your motherboard first, to see if you do have an empty gfx card slot, and check what type of slot it is.
BUT, I still don't think it is a graphics problem, I don't see how gfx can make it crash at "parsing server info"...
OpenGL should still be supported by your onboard gfx, so you should use it for ESF if you can.

ESF does require a little bit more powerful computer than ordinary Half-Life, but you should probably be alright.
32mb video memory is pretty low nowadays though... :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not gonna paste SS gonna tell you everythin though

Adapter Type
----------
l Properties l
Adapter information

Chip type SiS 741 Rev 00
DAC Type : Internal
Memory Size : 32 MB wtf?
Adapter String Sis Compatible VGA

This is wat i got when i hit Properties

Under General Tab it says

Device type : Display adapters
Maunfacturer : SiS

------Device Status-------------------
This device is working properly.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter.

Under Driver Tab

Driver Provider : SiS
Driver Date : 10/30/2003
Driver Version : 6.14.10.3540
Digital Signer : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
Dude, you really need to get a better card. 32 MB cards are used in Pentium 2 computers. Get at least 128 MB, it should be like $40, at least it is here.

Best answers
Are you sure you don't mean:
SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741
?
You wrote it that way 3 times so you may be right... it's just that I have no idea what gfx you are talking about if it really is an "A".

Well if it you have "SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741", that is an onboard video module.
Your driver version: "6.14.10.3540" is pretty much the latest version you can have.
You should have an AGP slot on your board, this isn't used because you have onboard gfx.

I would advise getting a good graphics card for it, 128mb AGP shouldn't cost too much.
You would need to check your motherboard first, to see if you do have an empty gfx card slot, and check what type of slot it is.
BUT, I still don't think it is a graphics problem, I don't see how gfx can make it crash at "parsing server info"...
OpenGL should still be supported by your onboard gfx, so you should use it for ESF if you can.

ESF does require a little bit more powerful computer than ordinary Half-Life, but you should probably be alright.
32mb video memory is pretty low nowadays though... :]
It is SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741 srry..Lol Ok
40$ i dun got money for tat...Ahh guess ESF wasnt meant for me =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm not being accurate. I just bought my ATI RADEON 9200 Series 128 MB for that money. Maybe it's cheaper where you come from. Check it out at some stores, compare prices, you know. Then when you find the cheapest save up, it isn't hard. Although if you want to play in 10 fps with that card be my guest. Just do me another favor: Post your other specs, like your CPU Power and RAM. Maybe your PC just isn't strong enough, though I highly doubt it. But post them anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom