Prey dating 1998

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/07/24/this-news-is-so-old-prey-video-circa-1998/

I just found this, it's a movie of the game Prey dating from the year 1998. I'm amazed what they were capable of with those computers. It also shows the concept of the portals similair to the new game Portals. If they ever released this game in 1998, it would have blown Half Life apart. Never knew that a Voodoo 2 and a 266mhz processir was capable of doing that... Even features some degree of destructable enviroments (probably scripted though) I wonder why they cut some much out of the game 8 years later.

Also, from the comments section XD:
Not to pick nits, but Prey was cancelled in 1998 or 1999 (don't remember which) so George Broussard could put more resources into Duke Nukem Forever. 3DRealms grew a bunch since then so they could resurrect the franchise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imagine if that would've been released back then and ESF would be running on it XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, if that game came out if it wasn't canceled, I wouldn't be here. o_O

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's possible Prey has tidbits from the elusive Duke Nukem Forever... which is coming out on the next Sega console I hear... lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom