Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, I'll wait

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I don't know >.<'

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Make a new client available for 1.3 with the progress wich we have now.

cuz the project for 1.3 might take longer then a year.

uhhm like every 3 month's a open-beta client release.

every quarter.

we are all curious off the awesome work u guys have been putting in this project.
& would like to test it a lil ourselves.

( it's just my suggestion, no flaming please )
im not asking for it to be done now.. just a preview of what's done till now.

Greetz,

Daisuke

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every few months there comes along one of you guys who asks for this.

I guess you knew the answer before you even posted it though.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No I don't because I haven't seen anyone ask this..

Like I said.

im not asking for the full release.

Just a preview..

instead of making a movie next time why not make a new beta release? o_o

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well first off you have to realize that behind all the pretty graphics, characters, and features, the game is very buggy, unstable, and unfinished. What's the fun in playing an unfinished, buggy game? Second, the team already did this and named the release Open Beta. The latest release was the final one, and as nice as the update was, the lack of features and stability was a turn off, which is pretty much why people don't play it anymore.

I understand that you're excited for the next release, and I know that you're subtly asking the same thing you were asking in your other thread, but you have to realize that the team is doing this in their free time, so you just gotta sit there, be patient, and just wait, man.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Off course mate,

Like every one of us, i'm waiting for it.

We all know that the game is pretty much bugged.

There is a advantage in this to.

we can spot bugs & glitches & report them to you guys wich MAYBE (small chance i think) that u guys haven't discovered yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not asking for the full release. Just a preview..
Well then I have awesome news! You're already getting previews, and you'll get lots more!

That's what the videos are, previews. Playing the game and previewing it yourself wouldn't change how it looks. Yay previews!

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They can take as long as they want for all I care, as long as its awesome when its released. Which Im betting it will be.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Off course mate,

Like every one of us, i'm waiting for it.

We all know that the game is pretty much bugged.

There is a advantage in this to.

we can spot bugs & glitches & report them to you guys wich MAYBE (small chance i think) that u guys haven't discovered yet.
Yes, that is a good advantage, but let's face it, the main point of this suggestion is to just play the game early. How many people would be willing to actually look for bugs? I'm sure you're going to respond to my post saying "sure, I'll be willing to find the bugs!", but would you actually be willing to find the bugs after you finish playing the "snapshot"?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
to be honest you've got a point there.

I can't completely deny it.

Partially it's for the snapshot off course.

But helping the team with finding bugs & mayb a solution on how to fix em would probably speed up the progress.
& some people would love to help in that way ( so would I )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But helping the team with finding bugs & mayb a solution on how to fix em would probably speed up the progress.
Indeed, and those people have been hand selected by the team to help them. They're called Beta Testers.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to be honest you've got a point there.

I can't completely deny it.

Partially it's for the snapshot off course.

Like I said, it's a decent advantage and it's great that some people are willing to help find the bugs, but what you are saying is mainly the Beta Testers job. The main purpose of their job is to hunt down bugs and report them so the coders, modelers, animators, or whoever can fix errors and bugs. :)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
is the spot of being a beta tester still available?

Do you need to have coding/programming skills for it?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beta Testers are usually hand picked by the team(and I'm saying usually because once in a blue moon the team opens up applications for Beta Testing). ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
oh I see =P

ah well, it's just luck i guess =P

well imma go to a karaoke bar now with some friends xD
i might be back @ a late time.

Ty for the talks mate =)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well regarding your idea. Thats exactly what the Open Beta versions were. We continued to release Open betas and the outcome was bad. Out of all the 100+ posts about the version only about 5 or 6 of them were actuall bug reports. The rest was just whining about how buggy it is and stuff like "This game is crap"

So after about 7 or 8 releases we decided to do a final release and pick the ones doing the bug reports as beta testers. Thats the story of the Open Beta. It was exactly what you are suggesting and it was a big faliure. Out of the tousands of people who downloaded the game we only got about 5 or 6 who actually helped with the rest just whining and *****ing about what a crapy game the open beta is.

Best answers
How about a demo version? It would include 1 map and say 2 or even 1 character...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, the game is bugged Uaimedna, release anything now, and there'd be heaps of people on these forums complaining about the game being buggy. It happened with the open beta, which was a version that was released for bughunting/testing purposes, but people started complaining about it being unplayable, expecting a proper release.

Stop whining, and just wait. You'll have more fun in the end, playing a proper release, than continuously bugging everyone with "RELEASE NAO!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom