President Bush For A 3rd Term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
So.. I'm pretty sure many of us are glad Bush is going to be relieved from his offices duties fairly soon.. or will he?

After talking to some CS:S buds I was hit with new knowledge that I never even thought about. Bush could declare war(martial law), and get another Term. The odds are very wavy, and I'm preying that a new president is at least given the chance to enter into office.

I've also heard things such as

McCain will win. If Obama wins he'll be shot. ect ect but the BIG question is.. will they even be given a chance?

Of course our hope is Ron Paul

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jatpX6kuxHQ

Military Preparing for Martial Law
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V4IbxUMWu8Q&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=71Jux68F_AQ&feature=related

Those links have nothing to do with presidencies, they are about martial law in an area that the social structure has been destroyed by a natural disaster. At that point, yes martial law is set in. The other is a video about urban warfare training. Not sure how those go along with the president being re-elected if he declares "war(martial law)". A, declaring war is different than declaring martial law. B, declaring martial law throughout the country (which is what I assume you think would keep Bush in office) would not happen unless a nation wide catastrophic event happened.

Why no one will be elected to more than two terms in a normal setting

It's ok if you don't want to read my source or even my post Jinx, you don't even have to reply to the fact that the only thing that even caused you to write this thread is the fact that you have some old Counter Strike buddies who have absolutely no credibility or expertise from that description (I'd give you one more iota of credit if they were a bunch of old political and historical analysis buddies) tell you some crap that you just eat up because you'll believe anything you read/hear/see.

President Bush will not be re-elected to a third term, no matter the circumstances his approval ratings wouldn't allow it. Roosevelt got into his third term by being a superb president under times of trouble.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also note Roosevelt was a third term president before the 22nd Amendment was passed, banning such a practice.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
President Bush will not be re-elected to a third term, no matter the circumstances his approval ratings wouldn't allow it. Roosevelt got into his third term by being a superb president under times of trouble.
He was still assassinated.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FDR survived an assassination attempt, but he didn't die from one.

Wikipedia said:
On March 30, 1945, Roosevelt went to Warm Springs to rest before his anticipated appearance at the founding conference of the United Nations. On the afternoon of April 12, Roosevelt said, "I have a terrific headache" and was carried into his bedroom. The doctor diagnosed that he had suffered a massive cerebral hemorrhage. Later that day, he died. As Allen Drury later said, “so ended an era, and so began another.”

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can we have this guy banned or warned?

STOP MAKING POLITICIAL THREADS. It's annoying, and giving you a bad name.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can we have this guy banned or warned?

STOP MAKING POLITICIAL THREADS. It's annoying, and giving you a bad name.
The powers that be, myself included, feel that intervention at this point is unnecessary. Over-moderation and the limiting the range of discussion topics has driven off many of the most interesting people.

Political threads are typically discouraged. But keep it relatively civil and there shouldn't be a problem.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but you guys know these threads are gonna get ugly, fast. as proven by every thread jinx has ever made. wouldnt it be better judgement to just close every thread jinx makes, ever?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but you guys know these threads are gonna get ugly, fast. as proven by every thread jinx has ever made. wouldnt it be better judgement to just close every thread jinx makes, ever?
Hey it gives people something to do. The only part I don't like is that it's a boring circle.

ESF forum v.s Jinx.

Jinx states sensationalist claims
ESF forum denounces claims
Jinx posts obscure YouTube videos and documents
ESF forum posts more advanced and even scholarly sources either weakening or debunking Jinx's claims.
Jinx tells people to look around/more/don't be "fed" information

Rinse and repeat.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Most video jinx threads have actually stuck to the topci, this one is just everyone screaming at jinx with jinx screaming back. Since we have a spam thread for a little while longer, and we have other videojinx threads to scream about (and probably more in the future) This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom