Prediction: 3 replies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Latest drawing. It's me!

Could be better but meh. Drawing is relaxing.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thought I'd keep ya waiting while I ate my dinner :p

Its nice man, you have a good sense of placement and proportion, and it looks like you know form pretty well. However your definition of form shows you're a bit to concerned about shape rather than light, and that's the only set back you have, we see light, not lines, so it's much more useful in defining form. Line can define it well when it is suggested, line weight plays a heavy part of this too, I see you trying this on the nose, but ignoring it on the lips. Contrast is what justifies a line and its weight, the difference in colour is not enough in terms of tone to have a line going around the lips, the parts that are made darker by shadow are what you should be suggesting and you'll find the shape of the lips will form on its own. You also seem to be concerned too much with details like hair, its a bad idea to render every single hair, think of the angle of the planes of the hair in relation to the light-source and see if it could be suggested through suggestive shading rather than defining what is actually there.

<3 more please

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is that a freehand? Or did you look at a picture?

If so, mind posting it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The shape is freehand but I had to look at some photo's for the eyes and the mouth. I know the shape of my face pretty well at this point so I don't have much trouble drawing that, but eyes / mouth are hard.

Dave... Jesus. DETAILS. I have no idea what half of that means, haha. Hit me up on MSN sometime to help me out. xD

This is the pic I looked at for the eyes - And yes, I know one eye seems larger than the other but that's because I was about to do my trademark eyebrow-lift face.. it rocks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't know how. o_O

I just dabble in drawing to be honest, and I've got no real knowledge of shading, colouring... and any of the other fancy stuff Dave mentioned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It also seems as though you've made an underestimation of thread replies.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't know how. o_O

I just dabble in drawing to be honest, and I've got no real knowledge of shading, colouring... and any of the other fancy stuff Dave mentioned.
You've got the basic skills, all you need to do is learn some other techniques and you'll be well on your way.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's some sex right there. I don't think it looks much like you, but it's still some sex.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I disagree with spunky. I if I saw a picture of you, then later down the road you posted this I'd know it was a drawing of you.

Other than what Dave mentioned; the only crit I can give you is, your cheekbones aren't that sharply edged. They're more rounded out.

Also there is quite a bit of detail you missed. But for just dabbling, it's rather impressive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's kind of weird to be honest, on every pic I've seen of myself where I look straight at the camera (and down, frankly), my cheekbones are like that. I also have a weird habit of .. how do I put this.. clenching my jaw when my mouth is closed. I don't know how else to explain. So it would look like that.. I guess.

Oh and btw, dabbling is all I can do, so.. don't expect any Skiwanesque-paintings from me any time soon. xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Old drawing, from a while back. I'm not sure, I might have posted it here. I think it's one of the better ones I've done so far (and I haven't even been at it for that long). :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks worse than the drawing you posted earlier.

In your case, worse doesn't mean it doesn't look good, it means that it doesn't look as good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks <3

When I put them next to each other it's like two different styles though.. the first one is a little more realistic (pff, yeah right), if you know what I mean. My brother's jaw isn't *that* square. :p

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well it's kind of weird to be honest, on every pic I've seen of myself where I look straight at the camera (and down, frankly), my cheekbones are like that. I also have a weird habit of .. how do I put this.. clenching my jaw when my mouth is closed. I don't know how else to explain. So it would look like that.. I guess.

Oh and btw, dabbling is all I can do, so.. don't expect any Skiwanesque-paintings from me any time soon. xD
I can only base my crits and comments off of the picture you posted. In that picture you're cheek bones don't seem to be as sharp as you drew them. Then again, the picture wasn't straight compared to the picture you drew.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I don't know what I'm talking about. xD

Best answers
Wow that looks like you put yourself in that take on me video. Ya know the one where the chick and the biker are being chased by nazi's or something. Good way to impliment shape with the forehead lines. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom