Practice some stuff*sword inside xD*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh yeah i thought i could practice a bit since i didnt do much stuff lately so meh i wanted to have some fun with the 1. Zanpakutou that Ichigo gets*kinda like this one*

just some skinning pracitce n stuff. only did the bumps so far though xD
enjoy*large pics*

Polycount is at 389 Tris

Render1
Render2

kinda like how the hilt turned out xD well im not that great with bumps n stuff so i though a bit practice cant be bad xD

Best answers
looks very decent, and i especially like the bumpmaps on the handle. maybe you could show the tip of the blade? in the first render its hidden by the ground plane and render 2 doesnt show it completely. and yea wires would be nice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks nice especially the bump but uhm...isnt it the sword with 2 blades ? >_<

Best answers
woo i wub the first render. wires look very clean to me, but actually there is no need to hollow the entire inside of the sheet since nobody can see it anyway. and maybe try to use bumps on the blade too, other than that looks great ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh its not hollow man its closed at the top you just cant see it on the pic.dunno how to turn it off so LW doenst render the invisible wires >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe :) gj on the first render yeh, ....
just use in the lwo model viewer the "hidden line" render and take a screenpic... thats what i mostly do ;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
;O looks hawt buddy, u used a bump map on the blade huh?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imo you should use the blade edge skin from the first skin and the flat parts of the blade from the second. Its lookin good so far, just do zangetsu next =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ tryforce: nope >_> its just a plain good old school style skin xD
@ David : hm ill check that out ^^ hm i dont know how i hsould skin the sheath since its hard to put any detail on smething that doenst have detail xD

meh and yeah guess zangetsu is up next maybe im a bit rusty in modelling but my skinning skill improved a lot imo o_O

*edit*
w00t david i like your idea it looks kinda cool this way xD also did something with the sheath but oh well...

Same pic,same render, a bit different Skin xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
screw putting all those scratches on your diffuse map, just do them in a specular map. It will look tons better, and make the details you added witht he bump map look a lot more solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom