powerstruggle

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i jus dont understnad why u guys dont understand what im actually tryin to suggest... keep how powerstruggles are but just

1. change the cosmetic look of the beams,

2. non beam ki attacks should be powerstruggled (example buu vs goku, brolli movie 12),

3. make the struggle one straight line instead of the picture where it bends backwards and sometimes the beamheads dont even touch,

4. if you touch the trail you should suffer damage,

all these other points some of you bring up are not what im tryin to solve.. i'm sayin basically keep the same structure the powerstruggles are made.. its just mostly changin the cosmetic aspects of the powerstruggles.. right now in my opinion they looks sloppy at times.. im not saying change the code

Sound Artist
Best answers
We were going to have all power struggles "Rubber band style" into a straight line after contact. I don't know what happened to that.

Best answers
All of the things I listed are not problems we HAVE that need to be solved, they are problems that arise BECAUSE of your suggestions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how? whats the difference with my suggestion and the current powerstruggle? tell me what are the differneces which this would arise..???

remember i said...

change the cosmetic look of it

touch the trail, suffer damage

keep the heads touching and not bending backwards

now what about it changes drastically the current powerstruggle????? basically the same thing

Best answers
The difference is that you want the beams to "snap" to a straight line.
You want the trail to cause damage.

And this raises the following issues, in approximate order of importance.

What if I shoot a big bang or a SBC cannon (or any other attack) to deflect a beam? The way you've got it written, it will actually come *towards you* if you fire at it, and not away.

What happens when someone gets hit by the beam trail that is moving so that it can go between two people?

And just what about free for all?

Why should a third persons beam, fired from a perpendicular angle, push the beam struggle at an angle perpendicular to the way it was fired?
Does the person suddenly get transported next to their team mate?

Should the beam detonate when someone goes through the trail? If not, why only the beam head?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
You want the trail to cause damage.
i said when two people are powerstrugglin that the beam would then be a struggle meaning they would have to concentrate all their power forward... now if it was me i would want the most concentration of my beam directly at my opponent.. currently the beam sometimes is way off to the side.. how ridiculous is that... now if a person is next to you and you both shoot a blast next to each other it wouldnt powerstruggle.... i said the current powerstruggle now would still be the same way except when a powerstruggle occurs that's when it would be concentrated to a direct point

Bihal said:
What if I shoot a big bang or a SBC cannon (or any other attack) to deflect a beam? The way you've got it written, it will actually come *towards you* if you fire at it, and not away.
what are you talkin about shooting a beam to deflect a beam? isn't that called a powerstruggle???? and those detachable attacks, if they do fire a shot and you and you make contact then shoulndt u make it a powerstruggle? didnt goku powerstruggle his spirit bomb against buu? and also isn't the other party obligated to also try to hit u with their beam? its retarded wut ur sayin dat da other person shooting the beam at you when they fire it has to go away, and not "towards you"

Bihal said:
What happens when someone gets hit by the beam trail that is moving so that it can go between two people?
like i said before if they get caught up in the trail they should suffer damage, just like how the damage is dealt out when someone enters a ki blob.. its like saying if you go into a ki blob you dont suffer damage.. what the heck thats just ludicris.... dont u get that

Bihal said:
what about it.....

Bihal said:
Why should a third persons beam, fired from a perpendicular angle, push the beam struggle at an angle perpendicular to the way it was fired?
Does the person suddenly get transported next to their team mate?
did i say anything like that... arent u gettin i said keep the current powerstruggle way.. just change the beams, make the beamheads actually touch... whats so hard about that

Bihal said:
Should the beam detonate when someone goes through the trail? If not, why only the beam head?
imkongkong said:
like i said before if they get caught up in the trail they should suffer damage, just like how the damage is dealt out when someone enters a ki blob.. its like saying if you go into a ki blob you dont suffer damage.. what the heck thats just ludicris.... dont u get that

Best answers
What you're suggesting is that the person whose beam is losing the power struggle would have to collapse back on itself so that it only goes directly at them. Now, if the beam trail is made to do damage, then it's obviously charged. If the beam head collapses back on the trail, it's just going to be "hitting" that part of the beam, and in effect power struggling against itself as well.

Unless, of course, you make the trail shrink as it goes back towards the person. But that would be unnecessary coding.

As it is, it's more realistic NOW than how you're suggesting. You say "now if it was me i would want the most concentration of my beam directly at my opponent".
Okay, so what if you're the one losing the power struggle? Would you really just accept that you're losing the struggle and just let yourself be vaporized? Unless you're a suicidal idiot, no. You would want to at least redirect the beam so it doesn't hit you. Which is how it is now.

As for the other points, Bihal made good points, you're just trying to cover yourself and pretend like you're right.

Best answers
1st off-imkongkong IS right, he's not tryin to make it seem that way.
2nd off- i think we agree that someone should be damaged when they pass through the beam, or even touch it
3rd-you should accept the fact that you're losing a power struggle, even if you dont want to...or at least have the option of teleporting out of the way before the opponents beam hits you. this is because a 'powerstruggle' is a 'struggle' between two or more 'powers', if you have less power, then you lose

Best answers
No, he's not right. He's saying that he's not suggesting changing the power struggles in any way, BUT he's saying that he wants it changed so that they go directly at each other, not in a different direction. You can't have one with the other.

As for "accepting that you're losing a power struggle", that's just stupid. I don't think Goku would just say "Oh, he's too powerful for me, I'll let him vaporize me", instead of at least trying to do what he can.
You want realism? Keep it how it is.

Best answers
maybe you're right, it is stupid to accept the fact that you're weaker, im just saying that if it is a fact that you are weaker that you might be hit by the beam. goku wouldnt want to be hit by the beam, but its childish to think that you can over-power any of the beams. if the opponents beam is that strong then you should be able to push a button that makes your character redirect the beam, instead of taking the blast in the face. in that fact you, raven, are right. i think that if the beams hit at odd angles then the stronger beam should knock away the weaker one in the direction that the stronger one was traveling at the time. keep in mind that these are just my opinions

Best answers
he is right if i understand it well
btw the only time when you accept losing a ps is when ur ki runs out and the line is in red
i dont know anyone that doesnt try winning a ps if he knows how unless hes just making fun of the other guy and losing on purpose
if ya want realism, check the ps in the series, never saw a beam moving to the side or something, it always goes straight to the ones that are struggling

Best answers
But in the series, there's usually only 1 on 1 fights, so they're always facing at each other. And like I said, their trails shrink as the beam comes back to them. And that's just unnecessary coding. And like's been stated before, this is a game, not the show.

Plus, I can guarantee several people would be annoyed if some guy who can win every power struggle because of his beam power and power level automatically fries them all if they try to do anything about it.
Try to dodge, he detonates and they get hit by the blast and die. Try to block, and they don't have enough ki/room to return it. Only choice is to try to power struggle it away. If they can't do that, it would automatically fry them. Strong gets stronger.

As it is, people have a chance even if they're weaker.

Oh yeah, and as it is now, the beam travels to where the person who's winning is aiming. If you want it to go at the person, aim at the person. It should be up to the person winning the struggle where the beam goes. Maybe they're aiming at another person, but someone decided to power struggle them. And I still don't understand what you'd do if a third person entered the power struggle. If there's 2 Good, 1 Evil, and the Evil one is winning, where does the beam go? Shouldn't it cut into two to hit both?

Best answers
Actually, auto alligning wouldnt always work out, what if you just wanted to deflect a blast instead of powerstruggling?

Best answers
RavenRage said:
As for the other points, Bihal made good points, you're just trying to cover yourself and pretend like you're right.
No, I don't think he is pretending, I think he just doesn't understand. I'll explain again, and in more detail if I can.
Bihal said:
This means, that you want beams that are power struggling to go in a line at the enemy, and not away from that line. If my beam has just done fifteen laps of the map, and has left a trail up down left right and THEN it gets into a power struggle, it then "snaps" into a straight line, right? And all those trails have to move to that line, or else it would look "retarded" to take a phrase of yours, correct?

imkongkong said:
I didn't actually say anything about not getting (or getting) damage..it was a question.

If you want the beams to move to a straight line once the powerstruggle starts, then the trails that it has left behind must move to this straight line. As I mentioned before, if my beam has done fifteen laps of the map, all these trails must be aligned into the straight line, correct?

So what happens when these moving trails go through a person?

imkongkong said:
what are you talkin about shooting a beam to deflect a beam? isn't that called a powerstruggle????
Well, let me try and explain this in simple terms, and then I'll leave you with some references.

This is the way it works in the show, and in the game at the moment.

Gohan is facing Vegeta (for example).
Vegeta lets loose a Gallit Gun at Gohan.
Gohan (being a wimp) knows that he's toast.
Piccolo who is NOT facing either of them, but is in fact off to the side of them both, thinks that sucks.
Piccolo charges a Special Beam Cannon and shoots it at the Gallit Gun.
The SBC hits the SIDE of the Gallit Gun, and makes it go AWAY from Piccolo.
This means it is going to the side of Gohan.
Gohan is saved.

Now, the way you would like it to be...(this is to demonstrate a problem you need to think about)

Gohan is facing Vegeta (for example).
Vegeta lets loose a Gallit Gun at Gohan.
Gohan (being a wimp) knows that he's toast.
Piccolo who is NOT facing either of them, but is in fact off to the side of them both, thinks that sucks.
Piccolo charges a Special Beam Cannon and shoots it at the Gallit Gun.
The SBC hits the SIDE of the Gallit Gun.
A powerstruggle starts, meaning the Beams must now "snap" to a straight line, or at least change direction.
Suddenly Vegeta's beam has made a 90 degree or and transported itself and is coming toward Piccolo. (At the very least, it goes away from him, and then accelerates in his direction.
So the beams are now in a straight line between Vegeta and Piccolo.
Piccolo says "wtf?"

Do you see the problem now? This also leads into the next problem.

imkongkong said:
well if the two blue beams are from the same team they should fuse together against the other beam, like in the 2nd brolly movie how gohan goten and goku..
Do you remember saying that? Look at the picture XXX posted again. You said it should be like the 2nd Brolly Movie (10). But you see, the third person isn't standing next to his team mate. His beam is entering the struggle at a perpendicular (or right) angle, and not a parallel one.

So, you said they should fuse. Does this mean that

a) The new player somehow pushes his beam sideways?

or

b) the new player is somehow teleported next to his team mate?

So in fact...
imkongkong said:
did i say anything like that...
You said something exactly like that.

imkongkong said:
Bihal said:
what about it.....
When you make a suggestion, no one (and especially not the team) will use it if it has holes. And one of your biggest holes is the fact that you've completely ignored Free For All. SO what does happen in Free For All?

Best answers
if you'll excuse my opinion earlier, i have to say that i must have confused at the issue because bidhal does have some excellent points at the matter. i myself am downloading the game as we speak so i cannot comment on the currecnt powersturggle situation

Best answers
i like the suggestion im for it :yes: . I have a few comments. Bihal the 15 rounds around the map, what i think imkongkong is saying when you do a powerstruggle it should go straight. I'm looking at his pictures and it looks weird where it bends when it struggles, doesn't look pretty.

Best answers
It's not supposed to look pretty. It's supposed to blow you (or your opponents) up. o_O

Best answers
now i think about it..... i did 4 powerstruggels till now.... and i play 1 month or sumthing....

but still special effects amke the game better

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don't know bout this idea - nut in the game u should have better sprites for the beams. example - the kahmahame has blue lins through the beam - i reckon u should attempt to try make them look like they are real - a kahamhamea now just looks like an overcharged blue genric beam

Best answers
I think they're concerned with the gameplay mostly, not making the beams look pretty. You can probably download better images from some websites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom