Powerlevel. Should it be more then just a marker?

Best answers
I just typed up a system on how powerlevels could deeply effect the gameplay alot more.

Domination PL:This determines how the power level effects these 4 categories in different and same situations.
=, -x1, -x2, -x3
=, +x1, +x2, +x3

Power Level - Power level is everything it determines your Strength, Speed, Defense, Strength and Size of your beam attacks.

I will use these 4 Powerlevel Range Multipliers. This means if your in this range of the power level you will feel the effect of the power level.

-0 = Means Equal
-1.5 = Means that your -1.5x lower than your opponents powerlevel.
-2x = Means that your -2x lower than your opponents powerlevel.
-3x = Means that your -3x lower than your opponents powerlevel.

+0 = Equal
+1.5 = Means that your 1.5x higher than your opponents powerlevel.
+2x = Means that your +2x higher than your opponents powerlevel.
+3x = Means that your +3x lower than your opponents powerlevel.

Power - Your Melee hit strength Simple and Adv melee.
Defense - Your Defense in Simple, and Adv Melee.

Simple Melee: For people Equal, and lower than there opponents powerlevel.

=: If your power level is equal, or nearly equal to your opponent then you will be knocked back the normal melee distance,

-x1.5If your power level is x1 lower than your competitor you will be knocked back farther than normal, and will also take them a lil longer to recover, and you will also feel more damage about 1.5 more damage.

-x2: If your power level is x2 lower than your competitor you will be knocked back across the map, and alot faster than before, and your will recover slower than before. You will feel Double the damage.

-x3: if your power level is x2 Lower or more than your competitor you will be knocked back at a very fast pace, and may or may not hit the wall or if the person fighting you is fast enough he will combo you into oblivion. You will most likely be dead from the first hit if your PL is this much lower since it does triple the damage and the recover rate is much longer than before,and if you are out of the 3x range you will die from the first hit.

-0 ------->
-1 ----------->
-2 ---------------------->
-3 -------------------------------------------->

Simple Melee:
For people Equal, and Higher than there opponents Powerlevel.

=: If your power level is equal, or nearly equal to your opponent then you will be knocked back the normal melee distance, and will take the regular damage.

x1.5If your power level is x1 higher than your opponent you will be knocked
back a smaller distance than normal, and also recover slightly faster, and the damage will be 3/4 of what it would usually do.

x2: If your power level is x2 higher than your competitor you will be knocked back a very small distance and recover much faster than before, and also will only do half of the damage that was done before.

x3: if your power level is x3 higher or more than your opponent you will no be knocked back it will just hit you and do about a 1/4 of the damage that was done before.
(if someone is lower than this. They will most likely die in once hit.)

+0 ------->
+1 ----->
+2 --->
+3 ->

Adv Melee:
Your powerlevel here will determine when you hit someone how long the stun would be, and how strong the hit is.
+0 You will do normal damage and you receive no stun.

x1.5: You will do/receive 1.5 more damage, and you will do/receive a 1 arrow stun.
x2.0: You will do/receive 2.0 more damage, and you will do/receive a 2 arrow stun
x3.0: You will do/receive 3.0 more damage, and you will do/receive a 3 arrow stun.
More then 3.0: You will do/receive a hell alot more damage, and you will do/receive a All arrow stun.

Stun System: when you are hit it will not let you react to the arrows that will show up in the remaining arrow points.

Speed - Your speed:

My proposal for speed is when your swooping depending on your powerlevel in the server. The people in the server will see Fast movement zip lines like in the show, but only depending on how big your powerlevel is. If your powerlevel is equal you see them swooping.

Depending on How big your power level is compared to the people in the server.
0 - They see you regularly swooping.
1.5 - They see you Swooping and on occasion Fast movement Zip lines.
2.0 - They see Zip lines, and sometimes at the last minute you swooping.
3.0 - All they see are zip lines until you stop moving.
More than 3,0 (they see nothing when your moving)

This will only happen when your swooping though.

Pl will determine how big your ki capacity is, and how fast your charge is for specific beams, and how long you can fight using melee.
Ki - How much energy you have.

0 - You will have regular Ki capacity, and you will charge your beams at a normal rate, and your Ki drain duration will be at a normal rate.

1 - Your Ki capacity will be 1.5 more than it used to be, and you will charge beams at a faster rate unless its a signature beams. Your ki drain duration will drain 1.5 times slower. Your signatured beams will be slower when charging to max, and will also drain half of your ki.

2 - Your ki capacity will be double the amount it used to be, and your beams will charge much faster. Your Signatured beams also charged faster under the minimal rate, but for you to charge them to max it will take alot longer. Your ki drain duration will drain 2.0 times as slower, and will also drain 3/4's of your ki.

3 - Your ki capacity will be triple the amount it used to be. Your beams will charge much faster. Your signatured beams will take a long time to charge to maximum (spirit bomb charge time) Your Ki drain duration will be very slow, and it will also drain all of your ki.

I hope someone likes this system if you see anything that is questionable please address it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whoah shin carl, i like so am liking this idea.
especially the speeds, that would make this game so good.

i wouldnt mind a bit to see them fly that fast. you would know if they are strong or super strong.

wow nice thinking mate, i hope the team will put this into use.

i really like this idea :yes: :yes: :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Reptile, that is probably one of the best suggestions i've read on this forum in a long while.. this entire system is great too with Ki and Speed going up with PL. It even helps solve the problem of adding the android characters in later on. They can have infinite ki and not be able to transform, but they become stronger and faster anyways as their pl increases with this system.

Bravo Shin Carl. Great explanation of the system in my opinion.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Legend, that system is nice and all but it would take a lot to get use to. If the team ever decides to use this system (I hope they do), simple melee combos would have to be rethought since every hit pushes you back at a different rate. Other then that though (which isn't really a big deal), I love the sytem. The ki system needs to be redone and this would be a nice way to do it.

Retired
Best answers
I know what you mean, but that would make it very dynamic, when you're stronger the beam gets bigger..but I think that would lag like hell. I think it's ok the way it is now. I do agree on the speed of the players, if you're stronger you should get a litle more speed, without going SSJ etc,.

Best answers
The beam explosions should have a maximum limit on how big they can get. I don't think beams should get that damn big, but I do think the width of the beam should get bigger. The explosion should just be stronger depending on the powerlevel though. Most beams shouldn't instant kill either especialiy if your in the same range as your opponent. I also have another suggestion for a punishment for detonating beams.

When you detonate beams you only do a forth of the damage should occur of the beam meaning if you charge is minimumly you get the forth of that minimum. Same goes for a fully charged beam.

***Edit****
**** sorry for the double post i thought i hit the edit button.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion, this new idea of making pl boost everything makes esf even more noob friendly. Obviously noobs spam beams all the time, so their pl will rise faster (thus giving them a massive advantage if your idea is integrated into esf). I dont know about you, but i dont want esf to become even more noob friendly than it already is. Im talking about the first suggestion btw.

Best answers
the system I proposed I think would also work REALLY GOOD with a power level raising thing. Like raising your powerlevel and pushing it down, but this has been suggested many times, and I am certain the team wouldn't put that in.

Best answers
just curious if any of u read my post about the fast beams....i said depending on how big it is.....read more carefully next time please

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PL may need some tweaks but I still don't think it's that big of a deal. You all seem to want the Saiyans to get a host of new ki based abilities and have the less fortunate characters become more obsolete. If you want to have PL size effect melee speed and beam speed then don't have it effect damage, or have it effect damage much less... don't just add onto what is already there or it'll build out of control. People already get upset when one person has the highest PL on the server and kills everyone else over and over, this would just make it easier.

Best answers
well, I just think PL should also affect a players speed and Ki pool and maybe size of a beam head and size of balls (not only explosions as it is now).
but everything only a bit that you still feel the jump after transing

Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
I just typed up a system on how powerlevels could deeply effect the gameplay alot more.

Domination PL:This determines how the power level effects these 4 categories in different and same situations.
=, -x1, -x2, -x3
=, +x1, +x2, +x3

Power Level - Power level is everything it determines your Strength, Speed, Defense, Strength and Size of your beam attacks.

I will use these 4 Powerlevel Range Multipliers. This means if your in this range of the power level you will feel the effect of the power level.

-0 = Means Equal
-1.5 = Means that your -1.5x lower than your opponents powerlevel.
-2x = Means that your -2x lower than your opponents powerlevel.
-3x = Means that your -3x lower than your opponents powerlevel.

+0 = Equal
+1.5 = Means that your 1.5x higher than your opponents powerlevel.
+2x = Means that your +2x higher than your opponents powerlevel.
+3x = Means that your +3x lower than your opponents powerlevel.

Power - Your Melee hit strength Simple and Adv melee.
Defense - Your Defense in Simple, and Adv Melee.

Simple Melee: For people Equal, and lower than there opponents powerlevel.

=: If your power level is equal, or nearly equal to your opponent then you will be knocked back the normal melee distance,

-x1.5If your power level is x1 lower than your competitor you will be knocked back farther than normal, and will also take them a lil longer to recover, and you will also feel more damage about 1.5 more damage.

-x2: If your power level is x2 lower than your competitor you will be knocked back across the map, and alot faster than before, and your will recover slower than before. You will feel Double the damage.

-x3: if your power level is x2 Lower or more than your competitor you will be knocked back at a very fast pace, and may or may not hit the wall or if the person fighting you is fast enough he will combo you into oblivion. You will most likely be dead from the first hit if your PL is this much lower since it does triple the damage and the recover rate is much longer than before,and if you are out of the 3x range you will die from the first hit.

-0 ------->
-1 ----------->
-2 ---------------------->
-3 -------------------------------------------->

Simple Melee:
For people Equal, and Higher than there opponents Powerlevel.

=: If your power level is equal, or nearly equal to your opponent then you will be knocked back the normal melee distance, and will take the regular damage.

x1.5If your power level is x1 higher than your opponent you will be knocked
back a smaller distance than normal, and also recover slightly faster, and the damage will be 3/4 of what it would usually do.

x2: If your power level is x2 higher than your competitor you will be knocked back a very small distance and recover much faster than before, and also will only do half of the damage that was done before.

x3: if your power level is x3 higher or more than your opponent you will no be knocked back it will just hit you and do about a 1/4 of the damage that was done before.
(if someone is lower than this. They will most likely die in once hit.)

+0 ------->
+1 ----->
+2 --->
+3 ->

Adv Melee:
Your powerlevel here will determine when you hit someone how long the stun would be, and how strong the hit is.
+0 You will do normal damage and you receive no stun.

x1.5: You will do/receive 1.5 more damage, and you will do/receive a 1 arrow stun.
x2.0: You will do/receive 2.0 more damage, and you will do/receive a 2 arrow stun
x3.0: You will do/receive 3.0 more damage, and you will do/receive a 3 arrow stun.
More then 3.0: You will do/receive a hell alot more damage, and you will do/receive a All arrow stun.

Stun System: when you are hit it will not let you react to the arrows that will show up in the remaining arrow points.

Speed - Your speed:

My proposal for speed is when your swooping depending on your powerlevel in the server. The people in the server will see Fast movement zip lines like in the show, but only depending on how big your powerlevel is. If your powerlevel is equal you see them swooping.

Depending on How big your power level is compared to the people in the server.
0 - They see you regularly swooping.
1.5 - They see you Swooping and on occasion Fast movement Zip lines.
2.0 - They see Zip lines, and sometimes at the last minute you swooping.
3.0 - All they see are zip lines until you stop moving.
More than 3,0 (they see nothing when your moving)

This will only happen when your swooping though.

Pl will determine how big your ki capacity is, and how fast your charge is for specific beams, and how long you can fight using melee.
Ki - How much energy you have.

0 - You will have regular Ki capacity, and you will charge your beams at a normal rate, and your Ki drain duration will be at a normal rate.

1 - Your Ki capacity will be 1.5 more than it used to be, and you will charge beams at a faster rate unless its a signature beams. Your ki drain duration will drain 1.5 times slower. Your signatured beams will be slower when charging to max, and will also drain half of your ki.

2 - Your ki capacity will be double the amount it used to be, and your beams will charge much faster. Your Signatured beams also charged faster under the minimal rate, but for you to charge them to max it will take alot longer. Your ki drain duration will drain 2.0 times as slower, and will also drain 3/4's of your ki.

3 - Your ki capacity will be triple the amount it used to be. Your beams will charge much faster. Your signatured beams will take a long time to charge to maximum (spirit bomb charge time) Your Ki drain duration will be very slow, and it will also drain all of your ki.

I hope someone likes this system if you see anything that is questionable please address it.
This entire post sponsors beating bots to death then unlocking your server to pummel opponents with INCREDIBLE ease.

More ontopic to the original idea, the ki does rise, IF you think about it in a really wierd way. Think like this; Ki is consumed by a percentage. When you transform, you can controll your ki better. Having a higher power level doesn't nessicarily(spelling ish wrong) mean you can controll your ki better, but drastic body changes suchas the transformations might (I know I know, it makes no sense)

Best answers
Well for new players to join. They could get a small bonus to hp ki or just gaining pl.
someone on server has 30 mil power. a noob joins having 9 mil. Fighting that 30 mil would really up his pl. Even if he is killed.

People that like l33t scores *yes i am one of them* Might not like that. Yet i am more worried about the overall fun of the game. Not score.

Best answers
Culex said:
This entire post sponsors beating bots to death then unlocking your server to pummel opponents with INCREDIBLE ease.

More ontopic to the original idea, the ki does rise, IF you think about it in a really wierd way. Think like this; Ki is consumed by a percentage. When you transform, you can controll your ki better. Having a higher power level doesn't nessicarily(spelling ish wrong) mean you can controll your ki better, but drastic body changes suchas the transformations might (I know I know, it makes no sense)

Don't act like you can't leave the server because you can, and anyway they should code it you get no PL for killing bots. You just get a kill. Bots main purpose are to PRACTICE.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NightShade said:
I said that hibiki :p

Yet it does very little with anything else
I mean defense and power is nice but it should do alot more then just melee dmg and defense. What about other factors? Ki? speed? teleport? Beam charge?
If a guy got faster, had bigger stronger beams, and had lower charge time for everything...well...how do you expect a person with base PL to beat him?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what I'm saying... you're giving better players who gain more PL even more capability to mow through players who are not as good as they are. Ideally, if you really wanted to strike a balance in the game, people with higher Pls would be slower with slower beams, and just get extra frags for actually pulling off kills. If they're better players they should be able to pull off the same number of frags with slightly less power and speed. It's beating a dead horse to give the better player more power isn't it? Well, we do it anyway, because people like to feel more powerful when they get stronger. The system is already unbalanced in favor of better players, but this system gives better players more of everything that they don't need doesn't it?

Best answers
I understand that point about being unfair. Yet always tweaks to help that problem

Beam charges could be faster to a point like this

[------fast and weaker beam power. The higher pl you have the faster this will get charge

---] Would be turning point really slow charge but packs the punch. always have a set time on this.

if i join a server and someone has a huge powerlevel. I start to fight him. Yes i going to die alot. Yet my char will get stronger and stronger faster then normal.

If that person gets enough pl and puts up a fight. KILLS that person. He would get alot more pl and will catch up.

if 2 people fight each other alot. One started weaker. Powerlevels could grow and grow and become more even and even with each other.

Just tossing a idea. I not saying its a good one. just saying that the fun is going super and then blasting killing people. Once this is done tho it becomes boring. Map changes comes people quit.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't played ESF in awhile, but from what I've read maybe something like what the carl guy suggested, however to avoid those Lock/bot+kill+unlock = slaughter you could do this:

Say there are 4 people in a game. and lets say the average level is 5 million, well perhaps for everyone who joins and picks a player then they automatically become 50%-70% of the average level. This would all depend on which character they picked.

Of course for the person starting the room you just have the default PLs.

This would help because you could have the Carl dudes idea, and avoid the bot proplem thing. As soon as someone joins they become atleast 50% as strong as the guy who has been there beating bots. Isn't much, but 50% beats being 3% of the average level.

I hope it makes a little sense, then again I'm prolly just rambling

Best answers
I don't want PL do affect beam speed, that was a dumb idea and i realize it now. What i do want is to have PL affect KI.

Why?

It just makes sense. How strong you are should affect how much energy you have, plain and simple. As of now no matter how strong i am, someone comes in and picks the same character as me, we have the same amount of energy.

There shouldn't be a formula for ki, because it would be recalculated multiple times a second and cause lag. Instead, plain and simple, whenever you get to new powerlevel markes, say every 50,000, your ki increases a small bit. This way if your a gohan/trunks player, and you transform, you still get the huge ki advantage over everyone real quick and dominate the server, but if you are like me and don't transform even when you get very strong, you can build up your powerlevel to huge amounts over time, and be able to stand up to those transformed players who are weaker than you but can go much longer without having to power up, everyone wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom