Powerlevel control

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure this is small considering it just has to deal with values, but I'm not 100% sure on the way you plan on handling powerlevel increases with each transformation. If possible, rather than a multiple increase, how about each transformation gives a set number increase? For example...each transformation adds 1 million PL rather than it being x2. We've all seen how powerful people can get within only a half hour of gametime without transforming. I've seen SSJs with 10million+ simply because they were able to reach 5mil in base form.

If this hasn't been considered yet, I suggest we at least try it out and see how much of an impact it has on the gameplay. If it doesn't work out, the values can be reset to how it was originally.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Why don't you wait for the v1.3 Public Beta release? Since it has new features, and things has been changed. How do you know it has or hasn't been changed now? Just wait until it has been released, and check everything then before making suggestions.

Best answers
Exactly what SkyRider said >_>. Sheesh so many people are making suggestions without actually playing the game. Besides the leak version that is. Anyways, look Logan, if someone gains 5Mill base PL is because they're GOOD. If your good, you have to get something in return, not just get your PL depleted when you trans because a newb thinks its BS.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made this topic as an honest suggestion. Guzzie, I've been playing ESF since 1.1. I've known the issue and have heard the complaints from fellow peers. I am hardly new to the game and I've been around long enough to know what can help it, so please don't talk down to me in such a tone because it is both rude and disrespectful. Also, the reason I bring this up is because there has been no mention on 1.3's power control from what I have seen. We know there's new forms, and from the screenshots we have seen, powerlevels have been VERY high. I don't really feel comfortable with the idea of 1.3 becoming just like EVM as far as power sizes.

Also, as far as the "leak" version, I haven't played it. I don't know what the powerlevel system is like from it nor do I want to know. If you know the truth on it because of the leak, then fine. Don't tell me. I prefer to stay clean.

Powelevel control is a big issue. Why? Because the higher the PL you have, the more damage you can do without really trying. That promotes spamming and it happens quite often. If you put a restriction on the PL you gain in a transformation, you get a bonus from the transformation, but you don't become so overpowered that it becomes unbalanced. It's a lot more fun knowing that an opponent can't abuse the powerlevel multiplier to get such a high PL. It's done all the time. A generic beam from someone like that can become as powerful as a kamehameha from a newly-transed player. Gen beam nuke spam can be quite irritating, and all because the powerlevel multiplier made him that powerful.

Remember that thread talking about SSJ making the game unbalanced? it's because of such things that I proposed this idea. It's something very minor that can be tested. It's not as if it'll ruin the project if it's considered that we give it a try. We tried to do this in BTL and it was one of our better ideas for the project to keep power balance while still giving rewards for transformations. You can still be good at the game with a restriction like this.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The powerlevels on the screen shots and movies are high so in order we can make the screenshots/movies easier in mostly all transformations forms. It'll allow us to transform instantly without any delays which I am sure you already knew already. Either way, do remember we don't "mention" every single feature and or changes that are being added or already have been added in the new version, so the best thing you can do is to wait for the release, and try it out for yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The powerlevels on the screen shots and movies are high so in order we can make the screenshots/movies easier in mostly all transformations forms. It'll allow us to transform instantly without any delays which I am sure you already knew already. Either way, do remember we don't "mention" every single feature and or changes in the new version, so the best thing you can do is to wait for the release, and try it out for yourself.
Respectfully noted.

However, I still wanted to throw this idea out in the open just in case. It never hurts, and it's not really harming the forums. I made this topic assuming powerlevel gain would be similar to 1.2's. Therefore, if this topic is pointless due to the fact that something like this has already been done for the beta, then that's good news. In fact, I would prefer it if that were the case.

Best answers
I made this topic assuming powerlevel gain would be similar to 1.2's.
From what I remember of beta testing, it is. That's been a couple months, though.

I like your suggestion, and as such...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you took my idea... -_-

well as a previous beta tester for 1.3, i'll support this idea, since some ppl like to be a bit anal, and speak out of their place. I played 1.3 so I can input on this (since it seems like ppl bash without the experience of it)

Would work better than multipliers since theres going to be up to 3 multipliers for some classes... That would make it insanly rediculous.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as i know power level multipliers are being changed. Dunno any details though.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think a good rule of thumb would be to assume that all numerical values such a PL Requirements, multipliers, damage, distance, etc are subject to change and are not yet finalized.

Best answers
That's already in, it's mentioned in the outline too:
- Get rid of powerlevel multipliers, use per-form bonusses instead [done]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it looks as though that there's no longer need for this topic then since it's already been fixed, which is good news!

*Covers self with cape and dashes off into the night*

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread closed. I lack Cheeseman's wit, so I apologize for closing this thread instead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom