Power of the Spirit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku is incrediably powerful as a character, however I think the Spirit Bomb is what pushes him over into the realm of overpoweredness. Because of it's no ki cost and the fact it's available from the start you can spam any server with it from the corner for easy kills. Here's some suggestions to make it less spammable.

1) Seperate energy for Spirit Bombs

The map itself has a ki bar and whenever a Spirit Bomb is made, it draws ki from that bar. The bar regenerates slowly over time. This means Goku can't create infinite balls. There's enough energy in the bar for two fully-charged bombs. If you're creating a Spirit Bomb and there's not enough energy then it just stops growing. Oh, and players can't see the bar, which makes using SB a bit riskier as you won't know how much Spirit Energy is left.

2) Decals take up energy

This is a continuation of the first suggestion. The more decals there are on the map (explosion craters, burn marks, cracks etc) the less Spirit Energy is created per minute. If the map is fresh and new (like at the start) then it'll regenerate quickly, if the map is blackened with scorches and the terrain is cracked and ruined, the Spirit Energy will regenerate very slowly.

I think these would both be true to the show, and help balance out Goku somewhat.

Best answers
I think spirit bomb is fair atm, for it has some trade off's.

- Long charge up times that can leave you prone.
- Moves verrry slowly making it easy to dodge.

Although this idea is an intresting way of giving the spirit bomb a "recharge time"
One of the other two above would have to be considered.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking of something along those lines, but by golly you hit the spot.

Allthough I disagree with the decals, I will say this. In all aspects of the game, Frieza is supposed to the the direct opposite of Goku. So, heres how it will go:

Deathballs - Deathballs are the opposite (symbolically) of the Spirit Bomb. So theres a constant war between them. Keep the same amount of KI for all of the map, but include this. The war between good and evil is the number of Spirit Bombs thrown vs. the number of Deathballs bieng thrown. The more spirit bombs thrown, the more DAMAGE(not energy; because you expended the damage in the Spirit Bomb) it takes from good and goes to evil. The same goes for Death Balls. The more deathballs that are thrown, the damage is taken away from the evil side.

Trees/Rocks: And any other blowable terrain adds to this total amount of energy and damage that the spirit bombs has/does.

Best answers
This is a great idea o_o
That way it is realistic, because Goku can't make a million Spirit Bombs without killing off the Earth and/or other planets.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's really not that big of a deal, they should work on something a bit more important imo. Onto the suggestions though... sure, Goku is one of the best characters in the game, but I don't think the spirit bomb has anything to do with why hes overpowered. It's big, moves slow, you can't move while your charging it, it takes a long ass time to charge and someone can just throw 2 or 3 kiblobs at you when your charging it and your dead... Thats a lot of downsides if you ask me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe its the drugs talking...I like the idea of the ki bar or the idea with the death ball..... Would seem more like the show in a way.....

Best answers
the death ball is frieza's own enegry so I dont know why you whould add it in this system but for the first post HOLY CRAP THATS A GREAT IDEA! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: (and this is from the realism guy)
but I can add to it.
Team members should be able to fire ki blasts into the spirit bomb to make it charge faster not much faster like a mm per kiblast but still just a bit (big one only) it whould add to the team part.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Goku is incrediably powerful as a character, however I think the Spirit Bomb is what pushes him over into the realm of overpoweredness. Because of it's no ki cost and the fact it's available from the start you can spam any server with it from the corner for easy kills. Here's some suggestions to make it less spammable.
Dude.. c'mon.. :rolleyes:
It's BIG, slow, creates alot of these lil' lights that can be seen from the other side of the map and takes forever to charge..
Not to mention you can't move like 5 min when using it.. :S
If you can't prevent yourself from being blown up by a SB from the corner of the map, you aren't paying enough attention..
Besides, ESF is a fast paced game, and details like this really don't matter IMO.. o_O

I say it's fine the way it is.. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you play outside of 1v1 servers? If you're fighting against one person and focusing on them, then someone could be behind you charging up a SB. This is especially true for adv melee, you can charge half a spirit bomb in that time.

And using Spirit Energy for Deathball? No. Just no...not true to the show at all.

DMW

Best answers
I think its fair at the moment because its not hard to stop them and you can always try to catch it and throw it back.If you get hit from behind alot or above just learn to look around watch your back and dont stay in one spot for to long.

Best answers
Ravendust said:

1) Seperate energy for Spirit Bombs

The map itself has a ki bar and whenever a Spirit Bomb is made, it draws ki from that bar. The bar regenerates slowly over time. This means Goku can't create infinite balls. There's enough energy in the bar for two fully-charged bombs. If you're creating a Spirit Bomb and there's not enough energy then it just stops growing. Oh, and players can't see the bar, which makes using SB a bit riskier as you won't know how much Spirit Energy is left.

2) Decals take up energy

This is a continuation of the first suggestion. The more decals there are on the map (explosion craters, burn marks, cracks etc) the less Spirit Energy is created per minute. If the map is fresh and new (like at the start) then it'll regenerate quickly, if the map is blackened with scorches and the terrain is cracked and ruined, the Spirit Energy will regenerate very slowly.

I think these would both be true to the show, and help balance out Goku somewhat.
Spirit bomb overpowers goku!??!!?!?!?!?! its so slow, it sticks out like a trucker in a yoga place, and it is really easy to block.

what overpowers goku is teleporting while using beams. Who cares if he does it on the show thats what overpowers him

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't we worry about powering up Trunk first....

*on Topic* I think this is a gand idea like I said earlier. Totally makes sense and Im sure that is it was a 11 on 1 match and the 11 people were goku, using the SB that 1 person whould be happy that this little modification was in. I've seen it happen before folks.

Best answers
yea lets worry about powering up trunks first instead of someone who is already overpowered.

ontopic: this idea does sound good it would stop all the asses who pick goku and jus sit in one corner while everyone else fights and throws Sb's. this way it would be limited so if they wanted pl theyd have no choice but to fight for it

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
0.o I said there was two seperate things. One is damage, the other is Ki. Goku's SB takes from the server KI. The death ball takes from frieza's.
The damage gets moved to the evil side if goku uses too many SB. And the damage goes to the good side if the players use too many death balls.

I dont know why you said that the death ball would take away from that energy, I said it was a percentage of damage bar, not energy.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say its fine the way it is the only problem with the SB is that in some maps you can charge it outside of the map so its practicaly invisible

but you can also try playing with your scouter turned off thats how you pay more atention to the actual picture not just dots on the radar (works super for me :p)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose that makes a lot of sense. I would like it if player could manually decide if they want to lend their energy to the spirit bomb.

What also confuses me, is that the spirit bomb doesnt take any ki..But when he used it on vegeta, he said he used up all is energy trying to gather ki right? If so, i say once the spirit bomb is fully charged, you can keep adding ki into it, but only your own ki.

And would the "map's ki bar" also affect the mini spirit bomb?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still don't see why this should get in. I can see this creating a lot of bugs ingame and I don't see how it would improve gameplay..

Best answers
Spirit bombs fine as it is...
Teliporting with beams needs its Ki cost doubled , nay , tripled , thats all that will balance Goku.
In fact , Spirit bomb needs powering up , not down , I should be able to lend my energy to a friendly SB/Player/PS at my own risk , I'd love to see that implimented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom