Power Gig: Rise of the Six Strings

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Promising "the true evolution of the band videogame experience," developer Seven45 today announced its first project in the form of "Power Gig: Rise of the Six String."

Due out on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in the fall, the game uses a specialized six-string controller across its two main modes. The first mode is said to be "traditional beat-matching" like other rhythm games, while the other uses actual chords and requires "specific finger placement on the strings."

Outside of the game, the controller doubles as a functioning electric guitar, with Seven45 sister company and actual guitar manufacturer First Act aiding in its production.

"As players progress through the game, becoming more comfortable with a genuine guitar and potentially choosing to play real power chords, they will find that the byproduct of playing the game is coming away from it with an understanding of some real-life guitar fundamentals," the company explained in today's announcement.

The company also provided some shots of the guitar and some character artwork, but said nothing about what songs the game will include--arguably one of, if not the most important aspect of a music game that's seeking mainstream success.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62713

A Guitar Hero-esque video game with an actual guitar?!

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if you can use your own guitar so you don't have to buy an accessory that will likely cost 200 dollars on it's own. I remember hearing about a project like this awhile back, I thought it would have come out already. Nonetheless, this is good news for real guitar players.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be cool to be able to use a real guitar. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they do it well, it might actually be able to teach new players, to play a real guitar. Would be nice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bah, why couldn't they just support a project like guitar rising? at least that was designed around using your own guitar, give me an excuse to dust off the old thing. i highly doubt some plastic gimmick is going to be anywhere as effective for learning :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahhh, that's what it was called. Guitar Rising. That sounded like a much better idea since you don't have to buy a peripheral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom