(Hit f5 if you can't see the new one.)

What are your thoughts on it. :3 ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wooooo MUCH MUCH better >_<

i'd sort of like it to spread out thoe, and flare out with all these effects

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, If those two generic beam heads combined to form one mass of energy, than I love it. Looks like someone took my suggestion to heart

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks pretty damn sweet! Heres the new pic, for people like me who simply bookmark the forums.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DT did it again. Pwnage animation o/ And PS :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys should be thinking more along the lines of "Pumping PS" :p

Thanks to Smith for helping me out with that shot ^^

Best answers
Man, the beams still don't look like they should, there still those big round balls, there still thin, (after you shoot it), I mean, I thought there was a ton of threads on how they should look, but you haven't used any of them. Are those going to be the Generic Beams in 1.3? Please say that's not the final one, I hope someone tweaks it a bit.

Best answers
Whoa the Beam actualy looks perfect. Great work , keep it up.

Best answers
Don't know why you give so good comments...
1. Vegeta model looks bad! :no:
2. The maptexture very bad. Alas! (also meaning the water -.-')
3. i'm hungry ^^

edit:// the beam looks also same like the old, the change is only the "pumping ps".. that's pitty, that a POTW like is is one.

bad english.. sry, but my opinion

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything you see here is considered work in progress untill 1.3 is released.

As for saying things are bad, please elaborate why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is that the new PS style? o_O

:eek: I'm not sure what I'm looking at, exactly, but it does look awesome. :D

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does look awesome. I love the watertexture, the map is looking great, and the ps looks exactly how it should look. Good job guys.

There are two minor things that i don't like in the shot though. The map backround is WAY to bright. People don't like playing in bright maps, they can't see anything. Also, I don't like the crosshair. Is that going to be the offical one or is it just a custom one?

Now for a question.. What happens when two different color beams colide?

Best answers
The game crashes, duh :p

Like sub said, bright skyboxes are bad. Just look at arrival, part of it is actually white. That + bright crosshair and you have some aiming issues. That's why night maps are so popular (and maps with normal skyboxes).

The vegeta models looks worse than the one we have now, but that's the least of my concern. The water looks a bit.. plain... like, no effects, no texture or how you would call it, just transparant. The PS on the other hand looks mighty fine.

Also, I think I'm seeing a flying tree, right next to vege's head (the one on the foreground).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
Like sub said, bright skyboxes are bad. Just look at arrival, part of it is actually white. That + bright crosshair and you have some aiming issues. That's why night maps are so popular (and maps with normal skyboxes).
Night maps are popular, but this isn't as bright as you think. It's quite nice to play in, and if you really wanna get into it, doing Adv melee in a bright area is a good tactic to help get a few easy hits in.

The vegeta models looks worse than the one we have now, but that's the least of my concern.
How fast everyone's opinion changes, from dropping to their knees to critisizing.

The water looks a bit.. plain... like, no effects, no texture or how you would call it, just transparant.
Welcome to Half-life.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about you Kama, but I consider the fact that not being able to see adv. melee arrows because a map is too bright as a bad thing. Not to mention the fact that you can't see your crosshair. I mean, why should one be punished because the map is bright?

No offense or anything, the only reason I'm complaining is because I like that map and I want to be able to play in it without the skybox blinding me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have transparent water than texture'ed wate, it looks funky when textured, but the advantage of stealth.

Love the powerstruggle effects so far, I remember they claimed it would have more eyecandt as well.

But why are there 2 yellow lines instead of one?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every map has its light and dark spots.

Whenever I'm faced with a hard-to-see-Adv.Melee-arrows-on-skybox, I just turn the camera, so the arrows have a darker texture as its background. I usually use a wall or the ground.

I don't really see the problem. As long as the entire map isn't white, there's no reason why you couldn't turn the camera while in Adv. Melee so the arrows will have a darker background.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. I'm talking about the maps that are so bright that you don't want to play in them. Arrival and namek_revival are both perfect examples of this. They're both great maps, but I just refuse to play in them becaues of how bright they are.

I'm not saying you can't do a good day map. esf_cell_day from 1.1 was great. So is the new city map that zero made for 1.3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Not really. I'm talking about the maps that are so bright that you don't want to play in them. Arrival and namek_revival are both perfect examples of this. They're both great maps, but I just refuse to use them becaues of how bright they are.
I don't mind Arrival at all. I love the map, actually.

It's just that it's a tad big, making it lag a little more than necessary.

That's the only small gripe I have with the map, besides that, I love esf_arrival.

I think it's good that we have a few brighter maps to contrast the darker nature of some of the other maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom