POTW

Sound Artist
Best answers
You can buy a decent system for around 300 dollars now a days, you're telling me people still have 386's and pentium 1's kicking around. I didn't recieve any fps loss with the new explosions.

Best answers
now thats looks perrty, and im hard to impress

ohh and hell yes p1 are still kicking man, u can play doom2 on them, its oldschool

Best answers
I've seen special beam cannon too :p It seems like all attacks going to have that explosion.. heh... :laff:

Best answers
these new explosion rules i cant wait tell esf 1.2 is out neither can the rest of u

oftopic : say pcjoe wat left do u guys have left 2 do

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
what about the ki blasts, are there explosions smaller?
Also what will happen to the ki blob thingy. o_O

Best answers
Dalte89 said:
what about the ki blasts, are there explosions smaller?
Also what will happen to the ki blob thingy. o_O

Good question, but I think it'll be the same.

Best answers
Definetely Big Bang Attack. I mean what else could it be? If Zero said that this is the new sprite for the explosions, then all the explosions will look like this, only with different colors. Unless they made different sprites for every attack in which case the ESF team will just be utterly unbelievable. One way or another, great job!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I hope that deathball and spirit bomb are explosions are MASSIVE!! :devil:

Sound Artist
Best answers
Like the old explosions, the size of it depends on how big the radius is on the specific attack. So yes, those types of attacks will have bigger explosions.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
Like the old explosions, the size of it depends on how big the radius is on the specific attack. So yes, those types of attacks will have bigger explosions.
But what about the ki blobs? Have they been removed from the gameplay?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ki blobs have a cool explosion, but they still have the old 'blob' when you 'blob' it.

I hope you got that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i personaly think the blob needs some little touch ups to make it more shnazzy but thats just me

Best answers
i can imagine this sprite looking good if it were to fill the whole map, so im guessing the team took out the code that make the explosions get bigger with PL, which would be a good thing. it sucks when someone gets to like 10 mil pl and can just beam spam the whole map and no one can defend against it. im not sure though, someone clear me up on this? will u still be able make massive server crashing explosions?

Best answers
Looks really great, but the only thing i am concerned about is : Will every explosion have the same shape..

The one we see in the POTW is a sharp pointy thingie, so what i am asking is, will EVERY explosion in the game look precisely like it? Now i am not asking for a different sprite for every single attack in the game, but it would be great if there are like 4-5 different explosion sprites, and the game randomly picks one to show you..

Imagine a for example PS explode, going of at the same time, with 2 exactly the same sprites being displayed.. :S
Would be better then what we have now, that much is true, but would still look kinda lame..

Anywayz, thumbs up to the team... :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abe Froman said:
Definitely BBA, and I simultaneously peed and creamed my pants when I saw the pic...pwnage.
You're to young to be able to cream your pants :p

Looks really seckseh, good job.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJNEO said:
I want it....
I need it...
gimme it...
That's great. That's also spam. Therefore, spam must be great. This is statement is not logical or factual, therefore the former must be a fallacy.

Anyway, I think it's great too but let's not have a bunch of posts of this now.

Best answers
Sentient said:
Looks really great, but the only thing i am concerned about is : Will every explosion have the same shape..

The one we see in the POTW is a sharp pointy thingie, so what i am asking is, will EVERY explosion in the game look precisely like it? Now i am not asking for a different sprite for every single attack in the game, but it would be great if there are like 4-5 different explosion sprites, and the game randomly picks one to show you..

Imagine a for example PS explode, going of at the same time, with 2 exactly the same sprites being displayed.. :S
Would be better then what we have now, that much is true, but would still look kinda lame..

Anywayz, thumbs up to the team... :)
It's a deformed sphere model, actually. Since it's a model it will look different, depending on which side of it you're on. I'm also turning it in a random angle, before displaying it, so it won't always look exactly the same if you shoot it in the ground and look at it from above.

Best answers
Thnx for clearing that up Harsens.. all i wanted to know.. :]

Long thought that asking/discussing things on this forum was a waste of time.. glad to see some feedback..

Anyway, if that is the way the explosions are gonna work, great work.. keep it up.. :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom