[Old PotW] PoTW: Trunks vs Frieza

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Nice PoTW indeed, I can imagine having trouble capturing the picture at the right time? xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heck im hoping to make an event where the devs and people from the comunity play alpha 2.0 and get some screens of that for POTWs ^^
If you do that, count me in. It's been like...7 or 8-ish years since I last played Alpha 2.0. :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who keeps taking shots using the ridiculous bloom though? i personally find it cringe-worthy seeing what would be a great pic ruined by blur and brightness. Not only that but it makes it ****in hard to play on a bright map like that. Its a valid point, but I wasn't there to cast my vote in the meeting/have my say, so I can't really complain, and neither can anyone else, despite the bloom its still a great pic, though i hate that angle of frieza ;_;

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just saying there's no point in nit picking every last detail of every potw like it hasn't been done before or we don't notice these things. Someone's complained about the bloom for the last like 2 months of potws. We're not taking it off since hell, it's on by default, we leave it on for testing.

Best answers
I'm just saying there's no point in nit picking every last detail of every potw like it hasn't been done before or we don't notice these things. Someone's complained about the bloom for the last like 2 months of potws. We're not taking it off since hell, it's on by default, we leave it on for testing.
well then, heres a suggestion for WHEN the bloom gets changed:

Currently:

Tweeked:

Much better contrast in the colours (no more whitewash!) The characters stand out, trunks' hair just looks even more sexy. But overall, a more balanced character bloom'ness.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's Skiwan's map so give us Skiwan back so he can tweak it, he's always busy with NMA xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the record we've not received anything pretty much through the entirety of November and still going (deadline was around 11/11) so I think you might be pointing the stick at the wrong door there! someones been telling you porkies!

Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the record we've not received anything pretty much through the entirety of November and still going (deadline was around 11/11) so I think you might be pointing the stick at the wrong door there! someones been telling porkies!
hm that's pretty interesting, someone can't be arsed then I guess, Skiwan wanna comment on that :laff:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just ain't been doing much but work & sleep. My fault, entirely, I just love being unproductive and unmotivated.

Best answers
I just ain't been doing much but work & sleep. My fault, entirely, I just love being unproductive and unmotivated.
Hmmz, I think you need some Grade-A lovin' ;O that should kick start zeh fire D:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some lovin' would be nice, but that isn't happening. Afaik, I said I was quitting the team because work ESF and NMA was too much of a commitment, I said I'd choose NMA out of the two because it's where I get to practice and use my skills to full effect. Never said that NMA was keeping me from ESF.

But yeah, nice to have this all aired in public.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yeah hair on trunks are lovely. SSJ should always shine no matter what. Even in official games sometimes don't shine when it should... If you add that effect for all SSJ models I will be in paradise :p I'm curious how Goku SSJ3 would look with that effect on his hair :p

Best answers
Seriously though, you guys should keep the bloom down a bit. It will still have a pretty effect, but not be eye-blindingly white.

GEE TECHNOLOGY SURE IS IMPRESSIVE ALSO OW MY EYES

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I was wondering. That bloom is awesome and all but isn't it possible to add HDR to the engine? I mean, you guys have added so much to the GoldSource that it looks like nothing is impossible now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom