[Old PotW] PoTW: Normal & Super Saiyan 2 Gohan Renders

Best answers
That is nothing like Gohans SSJ hair

See here

Thats his SSJ Hair
i know that, i never said it looks like ssj1 gohan. i said it reminds me of a ssj1 hair because it lacks details. i didnt explain it right.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you mean it lacks more spikes in teh hair. They probably went with the cleaner look, which is nice

Best answers
you mean it lacks more spikes in teh hair. They probably went with the cleaner look, which is nice
yes, thats what i meant. its lacking more spikes. ssj2 has way more spikes than ssj1.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol you nit pickers are funny. I think it looks perfect ingame.... Yes, SSJ2 Gohan has A LOT of spikes. But honestly, who cares? We aint selling this thing...
We're doing our best to make ESF look GOOD and Damn good. Does that mean we HAVE to be perfectionist to the very detail? HELL NO... We do what we want. Give us money then we'll work on making it EXACTLY like the show.

Best answers
lol you nit pickers are funny. I think it looks perfect ingame.... Yes, SSJ2 Gohan has A LOT of spikes. But honestly, who cares? We aint selling this thing...
We're doing our best to make ESF look GOOD and Damn good. Does that mean we HAVE to be perfectionist to the very detail? HELL NO... We do what we want. Give us money then we'll work on making it EXACTLY like the show.
haha, it will never be perfect, but is it hard to put in a few spikes and details to match the show? i think it should be as real as possible.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That is nothing like Gohans SSJ hair

See here

Thats his SSJ Hair
Speaking of which we've seen Gohan(base) and Gohan(SSJ2) but where is SSJ? Did you skip it and made SSJ2 first? will there be an SSJ form of gohan in the game?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, we do have this thing in HL called a polygon limit with models. This limit is absolute. We cannot change it. If we wanted, we could hit that limit easy with just the hair.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless of spikes, I think they look amazing. It'd be funny to see a 4k poly toupee.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ ssjgoku god
If you think you can do better Get to work on ssj2 gohan then we can wait
So he's not allowed to suggest anything without being able to do better? Sure, he's wrong and Doormat won't change what SSJGoku God wants, but why are you telling him to make a better SSJ2 Gohan because of a suggestion?

Best answers
yeah it was only a suggestion. but i dont think im wrong. the hair from the show does look different. oh well, besides that the model looks very good.

Best answers
So he's not allowed to suggest anything without being able to do better? Sure, he's wrong and Doormat won't change what SSJGoku God wants, but why are you telling him to make a better SSJ2 Gohan because of a suggestion?
Kinda the reason why people dont give useful feedback anymore - you get **** on for doing so :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cant help but notice the tinge of aggression towards people making valid comments in this thread, why is it so? if you disagree then give a reason and leave it at that without any needless retorts, is there any real reason to piss off what little fanbase this forum has?

Personally i think the gohans fine for its intention, could probably refine the poly flow a smidge but hey, if you got em spend em!

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you are that desperate for money try to work with someone who pays, wont get any far with that attitude, which will make you grow even slower.

some solid criticism, yours is to follow it or not ;)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DT is a ****ing beast at animating and rigging, I think he'll go pretty damn far...

As for the criticisms, I don't really care one way or another. It looks great ingame, which is all that concerns me really.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there's meaningful crits (this isn't UV mapped correctly, there's a glitch here, here's something that hasn't been pointed out before, etc). Then there's ZOMG THIS ISN'T EXACTLY LIKE THE SHOW! The devs have taken and will continue to take a lot of artistic liberty. We've pointed out that these days, the artists take multiple refs from the show, the manga, and their own artistic choice.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I can see some validity in the criticism. Stating it certainly doesn't hurt anyone, although esf has never really been that close to the show

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really dont see the issue. The hair on the model looks absolutely perfect.

What people forget about DBZ, is its a DRAWING. That means it can look infinitely different from any angle, because a 2 dimensional image is not bound by the rules of 3 dimensional space. Im willing to bet that if the hair texture had a few black lines on it instead of an orange gradient, ssjgoku god would have had nothing to say. You just dont have a case if you take the model from one angle, and compare it several images of the anime that lacks continuity at the best of times. If anything, ssjgoku gods mockup of images against the model demonstrate without a doubt what a fantastic job Doormat has done, not the opposite =S

Doormats model s**ts all over this one, and every ESF Gohan ssj2 ever made yet.

Attachments

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed... butthe only thing wrong is that..

ITS MADE IN MS3D!!!! Move to Max doormat! Your results will look so much hotter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom