PoTW: New Hud! - Updated

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya I agree with you skiwan that it just does not look right. First off the lock on just looks out of place covering up the diamond as well though that can easily be fixed I'm sure but the other thing is the text looks a bit too big and the circle around the char just needs to be adjusted a bit I think. For the scouter maybe this video could help give you some idea's

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1cEL48LkVDk
Maybe incorporate some of the dbz material into the actual scouter or even better

Maybe actually turning half the screen into the radar with some of the symbols and an arrow pointing to the detected power levels could do the trick. I'm sure that will cause for the coding team to add this in as well but I think it could help and then it would also help with detecting other players location. Though problem I see with this though is if theres 8 people there will be so many arrows pointing where the power levels are detected.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off the lock on just looks out of place covering up the diamond
Actually the lock-on's could replace the diamonds. I don't see the reason for using both, just use different colors of the lock-on graphic for enemy and ally.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually like the way the red bar looks when it's glowing and without the numbers. If it's possible, when you're at less than 10hp, it could blink or pulse to show that you're in danger. I think people really only like having the number there so that they know when to start fighting more defensively or carefully.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the lock-on reticle partially covering the diamond, although the color should do a better job of catching your eye. I'm with Viper on removing the diamond, but I think people are going to complain about not really being able to see where your enemy is unless you target them, which would make 2 on 1's more difficult than they need to be.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its awesome, I hate the red diamond so i never use it, I only think that the colour of the target as dark blue could be a lighter colour, like say....hummm red or light green. as for the bars, humm, maybe to much kame-hamechas there no?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I think it looks sexy, but I have to see this in-game for a final judgement.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
@David ,well why dont u trie to place the numbers near to the letters rather than in the midle of the bar , and trie to change the target's collor ;)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about the nuber of the hp like in this pic so that it won't hurt

And the lockon thing it's freaking sweet

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've tried these things, but having the numbers anywhere except the middle just looks horrible... I'll give outlines a try, but i don't think that'll work so well >_<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its Pure secks really <3 makes me wanna play esf again ^-^

As for the numbers couldnt there be something like an second mode for the HUD like on the scouter ?

1st mode: HP bar without numbers.
2nd mode: HP bar with numbers and less secksyness.

??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom