PoTW: New Hud! - Updated

Best answers
one comment is hat i think that the haelth bar should look like thhe ki and stamina bar.

and a question: the fis there, is that showing the attack? or is it just design too?

overall, i like it. very nice indeed

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fist represents melee.

No idea what David will cook up for the other attacks. But as said its still WIP so he may not have them finished yet ^^

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks great....all of it, no complains here. just one question, in the PL bar, the red bar represents de current number writen on it right? Does the yellow represents the transformation limit?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im guessing its the same as it is now.

Yellow = PL needed to transform

Red = Training needed to transform (basically gained PL needed in that certain form to unlock the next)

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
right...except this time they are one upon the other...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well the hod is still xtremely awsome but what if the char's face wold be in the punche's position , and maybe even make it damageable :]

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well, the attack thing didnt cross my minde , the charge bar confused me i guess :), anyway i kinda have a ideea where the attack wold be placed but that wold make the hood to wiyde so nvm :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was hoping that the picture would be larger in size, I can't make out the HUD accurately enough to critique it with full emphasis at it's current size.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but for some reason nothing is happening.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I don't like about it is the HP bar, it doesn't have the same white streak like the others do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's really nice to see some visual progress again :)

well the hod is still xtremely awsome but what if the char's face wold be in the punche's position , and maybe even make it damageable :]
The face thing you suggested was in DMZ:
Screenshot screenshot screenshot
I didn't like it back then, and I don't think it should be in ESF either. IMO it's pointless to try it since you can already see your character in 3D.

About the W.I.P:
I love the way you rounded the edges, and the charge beam is very nice indeed. The melee symbol looks awesome as well, but I hope the new icons will be animated like the current ones. It looks nicer and makes it easier for beginners to recognize attacks quickly.

[suggestion]
Maybe you could animate a stick figure using the attack from a distance, and then zoom in on the energy, so when it stops it shows the attack.
Another option is to make the icons loop like the generic attack's charge sound. Show a character charging the attack, and then loop the part where the energy travels to the target.

I know I suggested eye candy right after saying it's unnecessary, but I still like my idea :fight:
[/suggestion]

There's only one thing which seems to be missing, unless you've decided to remove it from the game. Sensu beans. If they are still in the game but you don't know where to place them in the HUD, you could put them where the attack icon is. Then whenever you want to see how many you have, you just press 9.
Other than that, it's great. Keep it up :yes:

P.S:
Why does no one ask what it could mean anymore?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The face thing you suggested was in DMZ:
Screenshot screenshot screenshot
I didn't like it back then, and I don't think it should be in ESF either. IMO it's pointless to try it since you can already see your character in 3D.
They look pretty terrible, reason being that they are in 2D, and in addition to that, the color of the Dragon Ball fades into the face hue. I would rather see a clear shot of the face from the 3D model without any color/saturation disturbances.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
very nice hud, cant wait to see it in action :)

Best answers
it looks a lot better and more professional than the old one great work :yes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay got an update, not sure if i like it or not so far, anyhows hopefully you guys can throw in a few opinions, there's a lockon thing there, just redesigning the current one (cuz i think the current looks fugly) and im really not sure what needs to be put at the right hand side of the radar. Comments/opinions would be helpful D:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That looks really awesome! Even the health bar needs to look fancy as the other 2 bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom