[Old PotW] PotW: Ice Wasteland

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too much blue, not enough green. Also, the proximity of the celestial body visible in the sky would have major effects on the water in the map, which aren't immediately visible to the observer.

Delete all of it. Start from scratch.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
I'm going to use this **** as a ******* wallpaper. ^_^

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they usually do that anyways.

The constantly starting over part.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you see the complete lack of effects on water resulting from that celestial body's proximity to the planet?

Can you blame them?

This is hidden text demanding that the map be turned orange. Also, its a nice-looking map. A far cry from the that hyperbolic time chamber map that consisted of white and a sensu bean-hiding structure.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh my goodness. An Oozaru!

Btw, Why isn't there beam reflection in the water?

Gameplay-wise it would give an huge advantage when fighting over water. Seeing as you wouldn't need to look above you to dodge ranged attacks and can locate others by just watching the the reflection. You'd be able to view two planes with one view.

Ofcourse this could also be very resource intensive.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, you do not want real time reflections. Very few games do that I believe, and it's rather resource intensive for little payoff.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to see that map in the Afternoon with an Orange glow as well.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks fantastic! good job as always ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Beautiful. It's more lake of aurora boreal. I have a question about ground. For example, on the ice ground, the model can drag ?

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
That is one beautiful map. And I'm pretty sure only about a quarter of it is visible in the image.

One question. Did you guys manage to add soft particles to the HL engine? That would rely help with improving the visual effects of explosions and power struggles.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is one beautiful map. And I'm pretty sure only about a quarter of it is visible in the image.

One question. Did you guys manage to add soft particles to the HL engine? That would rely help with improving the visual effects of explosions and power struggles.
As far as i know. Stuff like that is possible. But again it needs to be set up for every effect.

Best answers
little question btw.........on all these new amazing maps will there be any destroyable places? like houses.........parts of mountains and stuff

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Stop it with PoTWs! Release it already, the PoTWs are awesome, what is just missing in the game? -.-

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
If this would get released for Christmas it would be the best christmas present ever. But I think it's gonna be more like early 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom