[Old PotW] PoTW: Goku's Kamehameha Wave on Planet Namek

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depth of Field is way over done too...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bloom hasn't changed, its just the depth of field blur since the camera is so zoomed out.

The idea that things get blurry from a distance isn't realistic anyway, all that happens is the atmosphere builds up over distance reducing the intensity of hues in the distance, while also carrying the dominant light colour from the major lightsources in the environment, it doesn't make anything blurry, differential focus is what makes things in the distance appear blurred while things up close are sharp, but it works vice versa too. If you want that in you have to have the focus be altered by the distance between the character and the crosshair's point in the environment, but I think that's just as retarded too as humans only about 10% of our vision is clear anyway. What i suggested when I requested depth of field is that there be a build up in atmosphere, a fog/distance haze, custom to the level. The purpose was to give a good reference point of distance. Seeing everything clear as day in a map makes for awkward viewing, since all you have to trick the eye is perspective, which alone isn't always enough, specially on levels like canyon which really suffer from a lack of scale reference.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am wondering though, are the bloom and blur variables On/Off variables, or 1-10 intensity variables?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are on off variables.

Though the bloom scale can be changed betwean off, half and quarter ^^

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bloom hasn't changed, its just the depth of field blur since the camera is so zoomed out.

The idea that things get blurry from a distance isn't realistic anyway, all that happens is the atmosphere builds up over distance reducing the intensity of hues in the distance, while also carrying the dominant light colour from the major lightsources in the environment, it doesn't make anything blurry, differential focus is what makes things in the distance appear blurred while things up close are sharp, but it works vice versa too. If you want that in you have to have the focus be altered by the distance between the character and the crosshair's point in the environment, but I think that's just as retarded too as humans only about 10% of our vision is clear anyway. What i suggested when I requested depth of field is that there be a build up in atmosphere, a fog/distance haze, custom to the level. The purpose was to give a good reference point of distance. Seeing everything clear as day in a map makes for awkward viewing, since all you have to trick the eye is perspective, which alone isn't always enough, specially on levels like canyon which really suffer from a lack of scale reference.
maybe some Call of Duty focusing you mean? like in real, when you bring your finger to your nose and look at it all behind it is blured and vice versa..

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
maybe some Call of Duty focusing you mean? like in real, when you bring your finger to your nose and look at it all behind it is blured and vice versa..
funny how i started to bring my finger to my nose for a while after i read that xD

anyways, i think focusing on blur/bloom adjusting isnt that necessary, realistic or not, or well done or not, its already giving the mod some really cool effects

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom