[Old PotW] PoTW: Gohan's Training in the Hyperbolic Timechamber

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop spamming sky.

@custom char topic. Well if we can set custom model dirs we may aswell have a custom sound dir setting ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Best answers
Nice....here's hoping the melee will be pretty fast paced..

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree that people shouldn't be able to create overpowered characters. Someone from the team should first confirm that the character is made good enough for a public server gameplay and give some serverside file for character to work.
BUT... the character creation should be accessable with AMXX (as long as it's compatible with ESFF), so scripters could confirm their characters themselves.

I have no idea how is/was it meant to work, so I'm not sure if what I suggesting is possible at all though.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is sky editing every post?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes not im guessing its a big or something. Seeing as nothing is changed in my posts ^^

Hlev the fact that the entire character system is XML based and not hardcoded in to the game is what makes it hard for AMXX coders. The cahracters are not in the game code, they are loaded from external files alltogether. And thus making it hard for AMXX to catch those characters, since they dont really come from the games DLL file. The code for the characters in the DLL is nothing more than a template used for the data loaded externally.

Yes it is possible to modify that with AMXX. But it involves a ****load more hacking than till now.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Nice screeny on the melee. We need movies on it though. :p *hint* *hint*
THE NEXT UPDATE IS GOING TO BE A VIDEO WITH MELEE!! :D

So Grega... if AMXX is harder for 1.3... cant XML be used to do new stuff?

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what green raven lod harsens and the rest of the coders need to do is lockout the original character xml so it can not be edited

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We allready planned that far. The only things unlocked for the public will be effects. Since you kinda need that part for maps.

For the characters we have a special serial system that tells the game if a file was modified or not. So no cheating possible :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't talking about how hard is it to code AMXX for ESFF, I just wanted something that could be accessed with AMXX instead of asking someone from the team to confirm your character.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And i told you. Youd have to hack round the XML system with AMXX if you wanted to mess with adding characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom