POTW by John_Volkov

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer seeing pictures like these, of things I already know (but are funny anyway), than to see all of what 1.3 has to offer. That way, I'll lose the benefit of being surprised when I first play 1.3. :eek: So, I prefer non-1.3 content, at least until 1.3 has been released.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i for my part can say that i knew how to play ESF 1.2 as soon as it came out just from the news updates >.> So jea this kind of pictures.

PS i already uploaded one XD

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, it's funny, I like it.

P,S,
At school XD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather see 1.3 pics. Why? Because I'd like to know that the game is going well rather than than to be unpleasantly surprised when its released (much like the way I felt when 1.2 first came out).

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I'd rather see 1.3 pics. Why? Because I'd like to know that the game is going well rather than than to be unpleasantly surprised when its released (much like the way I felt when 1.2 first came out).
Well maybe we don't want to give away every bit of info about 1.3, or the content in the current inteam won't suffice for a decent POTW. Yea, that's it.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Get Frieza in there and have all the good guys bow to him and I'll be satisfied.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
Well maybe we don't want to give away every bit of info about 1.3, or the content in the current inteam won't suffice for a decent POTW. Yea, that's it.
Or maybe you can just take more pics of things you've already showed us. This allows us to see 1.3 and AND you're not showing us anything new. Kinda funny what the mind can come up with when you think for 1 second.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Or maybe you can just take more pics of things you've already showed us. This allows us to see 1.3 and AND you're not showing us anything new. Kinda funny what the mind can come up with when you think for 1 second.
All the 1.3 pictures we release to the public up untill now can be seen on our ModDB page, located here:
http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/48/

Knock yourself out. Look at them to your hearts content. Why should we be bothered to show you things you've ALREADY seen again and again? That's really just stupid if you think about it for 1 second. "Hey guys here's some stuff that you've already seen. Nothing about it has changed, we just thought you should see it again."

If we did that, do you know what would happen? People would say, "We've seen this already, show us something new!" I imagine you would be first in line to say that as well. Now that's not to say we'll never update with things you may have already seen. In fact we probably will on occasion, but it's not going to be an all the time thing for every POTW.

In fact, fan POTW's are for the community. It lets the community get involved with what's going on, just like you keep preaching about.

Now seeing as this isn't the first time you've come into a thread simply to badmouth 1.2 and announce that you are the judge jury and executioner for all 1.3 content, that it must meet your express approval or you will be "unpleasantly surprised", I want you to stay on topic from here on out. This thread isn't about what you'd rather see. It's about the current POTW. It is a fan submission, and you can expect to see plenty more. That being said, the team doesn't need your approval about 1.3 content, or POTW shots we choose to feature. Accept it. Get over it.

Now back on topic.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously Ive been "preaching" about getting the community to post pics because thats definately going to steer 1.3 in the right direction. Right? Because when the community posts pictures it makes the game better. Right? Wrong. I've been saying the community should have more of an active role when it comes to developing the gameplay aspects of 1.3. Before 1.2 came out, quite a lot of people said DDR style fighting would suck guess what? It did. Im not bad mouthing 1.2 (notice I said when 1.2 first came out). Im just saying your decision to leave us out in the cold is a poor one.

Anywho, its a pretty lame pic considering all he did was knock someone into the ground and press f5. A better map could have made the pic better, and custom content would have looked better. A pic taken on a better map at a better angle would have made all the difference.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Man I wish custom content was a loud. Yea I know new people would think "omg ssj3?!?", but there are very few people that have all the original models/sprites I would assume.

I am dieing to post a Sonic the Hedgehog screenshot :(

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why isnt custom content allowed anyway? Anyone can download the models, sprites and maps from esf-world and it would just make the pics looks 10 times better. Ned's Goku looks very pretty in screen shots <_<.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Custom content isn't allowed because it means we're promoting someone elses models/work. Think EVM for our POTW. That is something we really can do without.

Another reason is because, due to the average age of forum users here, it would just create more problems. Little Timmy here sees an SSJ4 Gogeta and wonders why he can't select him when he tries to play.

Honestly, I like the defaults just fine. It's not really asking too much that POTW's that go up on the main ESF site be using the orignal ESF material is it? I know at least one person who didn't think so.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Little Timmy here sees an SSJ4 Gogeta and wonders why he can't select him when he tries to play.
Little Timmy posts "omfg how do I play as SSJ8 gogeta wtf lol" anyway. Multiple times, in multiple threads. Damn you Little Timmy. <_<

Cool picture. Bow to the prince. \o/

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Little Timmy asks why he cant ascend past the character's first form anyway >_<.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayna said:
Well Vegeta is sexyer, so Vegeta > Goku, because I say so xP
Well as Rayn said about Vegeta :D now u Know why the in the serius all try to kill and kick Vegeta's ass because he is to sexy :D (anyway 10x Rayn Vegeta salut u :D) and it's a cool pic just thinking about it makes me Kill more Goku's

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Broly made Vegeta cry. Princess Vegeta couldnt understand how Broly was soooo strong o_o.

I dont like Goku much either but hes better than Vegeta ingame (Goku being able to shoot ki blasts normally is quite an advantage).

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
All I can say is turn the diamonds OFF before taking POTWs

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Π‹e Newd said:
All I can say is turn the diamonds OFF before taking POTWs
Most screenshots happen by accident. Very few people think to themselves, "Yeah, now I'm gonna go and try to get some cool screenshots!". They just happen. So, by your logic, people would have to play without diamonds all the time. Not everyone wants that.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Most screenshots happen by accident. Very few people think to themselves, "Yeah, now I'm gonna go and try to get some cool screenshots!". They just happen. So, by your logic, people would have to play without diamonds all the time. Not everyone wants that.

That's why you bind your screenshot button to auto-disable diamonds, then have them brought back after the shot.

It's a very easy bind.

//Clean Screen
alias "CScreen" "cl_drawdiamonds 0;snapshot;cl_drawdiamonds 1"
bind "F5" "CScreen"

I would include a cvar switch that turned the HUD off then back on, but I don't remember if ESF has the cvar or not (hud_draw)

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
it has but it disables certain sprites aswell such as beam tail sprites.
nice alias btw XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom