ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Also:
You're not looking hard enough. It's really obvious :p
Ohh....got it now. I think :)
Once again guys, the model is very good. Considering the poly limit that HL has.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the point was to show how light casts on the model from diff angles ;P

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
4 render look great,for me is the best efect to play.
also the model look too sexy ,very good done!

Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the point was to show how light casts on the model from diff angles ;P
then why not make the light under, behind him or whatever..

I see 3 same renders and one without lights, nothing showing, pretty useless, better idea is to make massive sized posed render than this.

Best answers
then why not make the light under, behind him or whatever..

I see 3 same renders and one without lights, nothing showing, pretty useless, better idea is to make massive sized posed render than this.
Indeed, if you guys are trying to show off how the lighting effects work on a model.. then pick a model with a better colour palette as the pink and white on buu aren't really doing the model any justice in this render.

looks like a nice model though.. can't really find any faults when the model is rendered 8 times using 2 poses :/

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Its PICTURE of the week, not UPDATE of the week. The picture is chosen because it looks cool and got votes, nothing more. If you dont like the picture, the solution is simple - submit your own PoTW

Best answers
Its PICTURE of the week, not UPDATE of the week. The picture is chosen because it looks cool and got votes, nothing more. If you dont like the picture, the solution is simple - submit your own PoTW
wut? I gave feedback on the render.. so throwing the "AMG SUBMIT YOOS OWN PoTW!!1!!!!1!one" card is kinda pointless.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Look, Im just merely pointing out (to noone in particular) that these pictures are chosen simply because they look cool - whatever the ESF version. It seems the general consensus is that the PoTW is some conspired exhibition of the inteam, which is not the case. I just dont see the point in nitpicking how it wasnt staged like an exhibition, when you could rather savour the awesomeness which is actually already there.

Just a nice person :)
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
The community likes the picture it's just that they might think changing something would be "more" awesome (This is what I suppose people mean).
I do see there has been a lot of time into that model. And I like people who make this for free still exists.
Don't ever think you disappointed the community. But when you give nothing the community has nothing to talk about.
So we should be happy.
Job well well done!!!

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
KYnetiK said:
Look, Im just merely pointing out (to noone in particular) that these pictures are chosen simply because they look cool - whatever the ESF version. It seems the general consensus is that the PoTW is some conspired exhibition of the inteam, which is not the case. I just dont see the point in nitpicking how it wasnt staged like an exhibition, when you could rather savour the awesomeness which is actually already there.
I'm sorry but taking the stance of "Look what we've done! everyone who gives crits can shove off!" is hardly constructive now is it? if your perfectly willing to give the forums capacity for the good, then try to manage the inevitable critics.

Since PotW's are currently the method of showcasing new models as of recently what did you expect was going to occur in these threads? In the best intrests of the forums, would it hurt to take a few steps off ego mountain and try to actually manage crits such as directing people to a shadow thread for the purpose? alot of people in these forums are experienced modders themselves and crits, even if they wont not to be taken on board with that specific subject, would serve as potential future improvements.

and hey, at the least it'd solve all toythrowing thats been happening in the past three threads and you can just completely ignore it if it rubs you the wrong way. Theres a crit you should look at no? or should i just zip it and let the rest bicker as usual?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Kynetik doesn't speak for all of us. That's not the point anyway.

I don't quite get the friction in the thread it this time though, theres 4 different renders, and its being slated for it. It has the exact same render setup as gohan did last week and well, nobody was complaining about that then, tbh one render would do, but if Layne wants to do 4 different render passes that's cool too, in the end it was just done for ****s and giggles.

Nobody criticised my render of frieza, in just one pose and one lighting set up for not enough variety. While I agree first and last aren't much different, they still look hawt imo, as far as colour pallette goes, it's good contrast and it works, it's the basis of kid buu's design, while they could throw a different lighting colour on it for a bit more wow factor, this was actually rendered quite a while back now, it was just inteam goodies as was the gohan render originally. This week was probably a slow week for potw candidates and it got voted to be shown.

There's always more than one given angle, so please don't start causing aggrivation again for the sake of it.

Last edited:
brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I completely apologize for snapping at Denz, and this is how my post should've looked.

I wouldn't call the render unoriginal persay, I assume a dev decided to show off the new and innovative light-source engine with his/her favorite model. I suppose it's amazing in-game.

The light-source seems to be shown from the left, right, below or behind, then above with each of two poses.

I love you, Denz. :(

Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidski you avoided it by posting one shot of Frieza, people just dont see the difference between the 4 that much. It was ok for Gohan renders and all but repeating it doesnt mean you will get the same "wow" as you did, I think you got it by now.
Also my suggestion was to render it big like those next gen Budokai's , you know the big picturesl..

Give people different stuff and the war wont be about teh nonsense ;)

p.s. no worries Synth, <3

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
TehMuffinMan - I never said you couldnt criticise, I was saying theres no logic in reading into these pics for something deeper, then criticising the images construction like a consumer. These pics have always had a large random-element to them after all.

Im hard pressed to see the ego in my previous posts =/ I hardly took the stance of "Look what we've done! everyone who gives crits can shove off!" - more likely "This looks pretty cool for a random picture. Anything negative I could find would be mere nitpicking, but its not the Mona Lisa so Ill just sit back and enjoy it." The whole point of my post was to say that to over-analyse it seems a waste of energy to me, when you can just simply enjoy a cool looking picture. I would rather make such a comment, then have to sift through 6 pages of people bickering over an irrelevant issue. If anything, the fact that people must argue over such small, nitpicked details, just goes to show the team what little critics actually have to play with and fight over - they're obviously doing something right IMO. The only thing I can criticise about this PoTW is that #1 and #4 look identical, but #5 and #8 are visibly different, and thats barely worth grumbling over. Like Dave said, it was just mocked together for kicks.

The reason the PoTW appears to showcase 1.3 is because the only pool of images available is from the team - who majorily play the inteam. I personally would love to see more public images submitted like the old days, just for grins - wouldnt you agree?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I would like to see more of those Pictures that Showed Different forms of Goku in SSJ with the Effects in those. I would have to say those were my favorite POTW/Updates of all.

Like these: http://forum.esforces.com/threads/74969-The-Next-Generation-of-ESF

But it would also be nice to see Pics of the Week from people who don't have access to the Inteam.

To me, it just seems that people gang up on one because he says something looks wrong mainly Cause the person in this case is seen as a Higher power to the one person. Let alone a lot of people try to kiss ass that way too. They try and get on one's good side. But that is just my opinion. Not to be taken the wrong way. The Model looks great to me. I like the way it looks compared to all of the other Kid Buu models I have seen in the past...

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It certainly looks fantastic, I eagerly await an ugly POTW.

Thinking about it, we haven't seen one from the public for a good while. The only one I can recall is the "turbo frog" I submitted when the Open Beta came out. Maybe a public POTW separate from the inteam one could work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom