[Old PotW] POTW - 8/22/10

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always thought he was correctly pronounced as Freezer and not Freeza. Its just the japanese pronunciation that get the "er" part as "a" though if you listen carefully you can hear a short "r" sound ad the end of his name.

So they say it more like Freezar. That and the name fits perfectly with Cooler who is also called Coola in the japanse version.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
In the spanish dubs, it is pronounced as Freezer, so is just probably an english flaw...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I always thought he was correctly pronounced as Freezer and not Freeza. Its just the japanese pronunciation that get the "er" part as "a" though if you listen carefully you can hear a short "r" sound ad the end of his name.

So they say it more like Freezar. That and the name fits perfectly with Cooler who is also called Coola in the japanse version.
Well that would be true if the japs didn't spell Freeza as ... Freeza. I think that Toriyama intended it to be that way because if you look at the saiya-jins names they're puns and not spelled exactly as the "what they are pun...ing?" if that made any sense whatsoever. It's still better than funi dubs frieza (frei-za?frai-za? i mean wtf?)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frieza, フリーザ, Furīza, or Prince Freeza

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It would be awesome if Frieza fused with Cooler to become

FREEZER!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom