Posts Important To You?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm seeing people adding their "XXX forum posts & at what date" in their signature. Is it that important? In my opinion, It's totally not needed, because posts are not important at all. I'm curious of people's opinion on this one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they?re just proud of it and all, it shows what type of person you are, so why do you care o_O" ?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It's my opinion Tryforce, everyone has their own opinion. There for i said "I'm curious of people's opinion on this one"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't care about posts, heck i usually hang out in the off-topic section, don't find the esf chat section very interesting >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to have the date and time next to every 500 posts in my sig, but then it became larger than my sig so I removed it.

I do notice post counts though, they show how active a member is (in the useful sections anyway). Not to say people with low post-counts suck (Walmart, Annie, Soul Punisher...Lid) of course.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could haxor my post count as high as I wanted with my leet admin skills ;P My post count is just a testament to the fact that I've been a member of this forum for WAY too long ;P

*edit*

Hmmmmmm, looks like I passed 2,400 ;P And don't forget, anything posted in OTF doesn't count towards posts.

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki still wins the prize for having th most amount of posts :p, almost 9.000 posts. And he also has the award for the highest ban-amount if I am right...that is proof that you have been a member for waaaaay to long. I don't really care about my own postcount, I usualy hang around in the off topic section, and occasionaly if I am able to help someone in the other sections or something, I will.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki used to have off-topic conversations in every single thread... with himself. He doesn't count. There would be times, where for a solid hour, he would have every 'Most Recent Post' in every section of the forum. Replying the instant anyone else did.

Best answers
Ahhh.... good ol' Hibiki. I've never met him though.

and speaking of post counts, how do all of you get higher post counts? From the ForcePit or something? I have a low count, and other people notice now.

*looks at Dust*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, walmart, you're very active, but like they said, off-topic stuff don't count towards it. Oh and changing your post count is an admin control that you can set to any amount, I even made mine 90 thousand in my forum, lol.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose they see it as a "nonchalant achievement".

I don't really need to count it because it's not that high and if I glorified it, I may come to think I spend too much time on here =/. Haha Soul Punisher still has 0 I think.

Those zany off-topic posts...

Best answers
People who like their post counts, like to have an ego on the internet.

Sums it up right there, you will deny it.

But in the end, you want more post numbers than the other guy. (If you care about having a fake ego on the internet that is)

"E-Ego"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think my post count is funny. For example, Ravendust joined in 2004, and he has 3,290 posts. I joined in 2002 and I have 500. I'm active here everyday too, I guess I just post a lot in the off-topic section.

Anyways, my point is I don't think the number of posts someone has carrys any merit. They just post a lot, woop-de-doo, it doesn't matter.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
Anyways, my point is I don't think the number of posts someone has carrys any merit. They just post a lot, woop-de-doo, it doesn't matter.
Agreed. I joined in 2001, and I just broke 2000 posts in late 2005 (if I recall correctly). When I was asked to join the forum staff, I think I only had around 150 posts o_O

Quality > quantity.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
someone should only post count if there post reaches 20 thousand, im serious

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
look at my post count i've been here longer then half the people here =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom