POST YOUR MARKS!

Best answers
:laff:

Well, tell us ... Mr. Smart guy, what are your marks in school/college/university,etc.... As for your working punks that are no longer students, go play ESF :S

Anyway I just finshed Grade 10:
Mathematics: 91
Religion:93
Technology: 83
Civics& Careers: 91
Science: 84
English: 83
History(Canadian and the 2 World Wars o_o ): 96
Art: 81

I thought I should make this thread since I just reiceved my report card :cool:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I go to Colorado State University and made it out my freshman year with a 2.33333333333 GPA which pretty much translates to a bit above a C average. Gonna raise the grades so I can go on to graduate school hopefully.

Retired
Best answers
I stand by my arguement that grades don't really proof anything.

but here I go:

Education: International Business and Languages.

Italian: 9
Spanish: 8.6
English: 9
German: 7
Communication: 7
Marketing: 7
International Sales: 6
Cross Cultural Management: 8
Economics: 6

Best answers
I don't feel like getting my report card but i finished 8th grade with like 6 A's and 4 B's i'll just say like 6 95%'s and 4 90%'s something like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh...

let's see...

Chemistry - 74% - C
Bussiness - 88% - B
VA/US Hist. - 91% - B
English 11 - 61% - F
Advanced P.E. - 99% - A
Algebra 2 - 60 % - F
Comp. Troubleshooting - 70 % - D

Credits obtained for the 2004-2005 School year: 5
Total Credits: 18
Qualitified for 2006 Graduation: Yes

-_- i had a rough school year

2005-2006 Schedule:
Goverment
English 11
English 12
Algebra 2

Only 4 classes next year, ftw! XD

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My first year at university resulted in a 4.18 GPA. Here's the break-down:

Stucture and Modelling in Chemistry (2.130) - A
Introduction to Physical Chemistry (2.131) - A
Introductory Statistical Analysis 1 (5.100) - A
Introductory Statistical Analysis 2 (5.200) - A
Introductory Astronomy (16.180) - A+
Biology B (71.125) - A
Dynamic Earth Processes and Tectonics (7.144) - A
The Earth in Space/Planetology (7.137) - A+
Economic Botany (1.100) - A+

I took a full course load plus an extra summer course, so I am rather pleased that was able to do so well in my first year. I can only help my second year goes as well :eek:

Best answers
Study enough? Jeez you got all A's and 1 B. I never study lol. Might have to in high school.. but then again I don't feel like it. :laff: :laff: :laff: o_o o_o

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
Study enough? Jeez you got all A's and 1 B. I never study lol. Might have to in high school.. but then again I don't feel like it. :laff: :laff: :laff: o_o o_o
Actually, I didn't get a B. The course name is "Biology B" - it's a compound course that lumps several intro-level bio courses into one. It's the standard course for all people looking to get into further pre-med courses, so I was rather shocked to get an A in it.

Majin_You said:
Biology B (71.125) - A

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
Classes usually aren't standardized enough for grades to really show how much you've learned about a specific subject but rather they show how well you do following a teachers/professors instructions. Which makes them not so much meaningless, but proof of how well you can handle following instructions. Of course a bad teacher can pretty much nullify any meanings a grade has.

Retired
Best answers
well it's good that you got A's, but then again you probably studied quite long for it.

I don't have that many good grades on my card, but then again I hardly spend time on homework. so it really is where you put your priorities.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
well it's good that you got A's, but then again you probably studied quite long for it.

I don't have that many good grades on my card, but then again I hardly spend time on homework. so it really is where you put your priorities.
Anything above C is an excellent mark. That's the standard I go by, at least. I need a C or higher to receive credit for taking the course, so I'm happy with C's and up.

As for how much I studied...well...let's just say that I won't start studying a week before the exams next year - that'll kill my GPA :p

And I agree with Deman. Grades, especially from general courses such as those I took this last year, don't prove much in the way of "how smart are you?". They show how good you are at problem solving (for some courses) and how good you are at memorizing/retaining what you learned throughout the year. I guess practical tests would be better than a booklet of questions, but it's a hell of a lot easier to hand out 2000 identical biology exams that can be machine-marked than it would be to hold practical tests with 2000 students.

Best answers
All a's is even better. I never had homework :p i always rushed and got it done in school and on big assignments i always waited til the last minute to get it done.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Judge said:

but here I go:

Education: International Business and Languages.

Italian: 9
Spanish: 8.6
English: 9
German: 7
Communication: 7
Marketing: 7
International Sales: 6
Cross Cultural Management: 8
Economics: 6
True, an example, US has percentages wise twice the amount of uni students then Europe.(Other type of seperation between college and university)

Different standards.

Well here is my list, not awesome, but good enough.

Dutch 6,2
English 7,5
German 6,7 (Which I'm very happy with, I hate german ;p)
Management & Organisation 8,5
Economics 7,0
History 7,1
Math 6,7
Religion 7,5
Society 6,8
General sciences 7,3
Geography 6,7

Doing HAVO 4, havent done much this year :/.(Actually, nothing, except for some essays ;x)
Pretty happy with this list :}

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not an excellent student, but I think I do pretty well. Here's my final Grade 11 report card:

German: A
Structured Programming: A
American Literature: A-
Astronomy: A
Chemistry: A-
Algebra: B+
C++ Programming: A
African-American History: A
Wisconsin History: A
Writing Unlimited: A

Gives me a 3.744 cumulative GPA. Sounds right, I'm not gonna go figure it all out by mahself.

Best answers
I, for one has to study alot in order to get grood grades... however, what pisses me off is how some people(not alot) haVE THE ability to not study and yet get at least 80+ percent on their test, while I have to study in order to manage to get the same mark... I find that there are some people like that... Usually 1 or 2 in each class..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future_SSJGohan said:
I, for one has to study alot in order to get grood grades... however, what pisses me off is how some people(not alot) haVE THE ability to not study and yet get at least 80+ percent on their test, while I have to study in order to manage to get the same mark... I find that there are some people like that... Usually 1 or 2 in each class..
I'm like that in some classes. <_< >_>

If it's a class I'm remotely interested in, I usually never have to study, unless the test is a final or something big and I figure I should. Most of the time you get all the info you need just by listening to the teacher's lectures and doing the work they assign.

Retired
Best answers
i'm also like that. I for example didn't even have the books for International Sales, and still passed the test, while others didn't pass it who had the books. same with languages, I just have a feel for it. ofcourse I need to learn the vocabulary, but most of the time looking it over 2 or 3 times is already sufficient. So I would say i'm a pretty quick learner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom