• KAIOSHIN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RADDITZ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After the successful completion of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, GSC Game World continues its work on the series. The studio is about to announce several subsequent new products in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe already at the upcoming E3 Media & Business Summit-2007 to take place July 11-13 in Santa Monica.

"We are very happy of the players' positive reaction to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. all over the world. This fills us with confidence the team is on the right track and adds us strength to go for next exciting accomplishments. It will be very soon that we present our new interesting ideas and solutions", said GSC Game World's CEO Sergiy Grygorovych.

We invite everyone interested to visit the stand of GSC Game World in Barker Hangar, booth #426.
Source: http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=press&s=press_rel&ss=14

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, by then we'll all be driving flying cars and living on the moon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By that time, we'll have seen a REAL second meltdown.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2012, guys. The Mayans come back in their giant pyramid-shaped space ships, alongside their reptilian overlords and will either kill us or enslave us.

I didn't really like Stalker. I tried to. I really did. But it just felt like crap, to me. I can't say I'm particularly excited about the sequel to a game that took 2000 years to make. I'll continue waiting for Duke Nukem: Forever.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By that time, we'll have seen a REAL second meltdown.
There wasn't a second meltdown of the Chernobyl power plant in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I'm sure the sequel won't take as long to develop as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did as the same engine will probably be used, though hopefully more computer friendly since it requires a computer with just about the latest hardware in order to run on the highest settings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, are you sure? I recall reading about how the Zone came to be after a second meltdown.

Fake edit;

Official Stalker site said:
Year 2012. Six years passed since the time of the Second catastrophe to have made the April events of 1986 fade.
Click me.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, are you sure? I recall reading about how the Zone came to be after a second meltdown.

Fake edit;
There was a second incident, though it wasn't the reactor exploding. It was assumed that the reactor exploded, but it was something else. I don't want to spoil too much for those who have yet to play the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looked like a radioactive explosion at the nuclear plant occurred. The army sealed off the Zone... The explosion epicenter was a kilometre away from the nuclear plant. Obviously, some tests had been held there and they caused the disaster.
Been a while since I finished the game (and I got the worst ending anyway, so I don't know exactly what went down), but still. Meh.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Been a while since I finished the game (and I got the worst ending anyway, so I don't know exactly what went down), but still. Meh.
There's only two endings that are considered "real". Obtaining either ending is based on a decision you have to make. The other endings you can get such as being rich, immortal, etcetera are considered "false" endings. You have to do a lot more if you go for the real endings, and much more is explained about the Zone, how you came to be, etcetera.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know about the other endings, but I only read about them so not everything's crystal clear. Couldn't be arsed to get through the game again though.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know about the other endings, but I only read about them so not everything's crystal clear. Couldn't be arsed to get through the game again though.
You could always check out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. article on Wikipedia to understand everything - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:_Shadow_of_Chernobyl#Plot

Pretty much everything is explained in that Wikipedia article, so just a warning to those who haven't played the game, that article will spoil the whole game for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom