Possible new TES game in 2010?!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though Bethesda is all about Fallout 3 and perhaps even Fallout 4 right now, that focus could be shifting in the near future to the next title in their award-winning The Elder Scrolls series. Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Bethesda publishing executive Paul Oughton suggested a new TES title in the works for 2010.
"At the moment we've got Fallout 3 for this year and potentially there's a new Elder Scrolls title in 2010," said Oughton. "At the moment we're not that interested in the Wii. We're going to stick to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. We'll continue to pursue three or four titles a year and go for big titles," he said of the company's publishing plans for the future.
Aw, poor little Nintendo Wii. No Elder Scrolls or Fallout love for you. And here I was hoping to use the balance board to control my alignment. Oh well.
http://kotaku.com/5070477/new-elder-scrolls-a-possibility-in-2010

Awesome!!!!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It better be on a new engine. Word on the street is that Fallout 3 feels like a reskinned Oblivion.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though I'm enjoying Fallout 3, this is what I was really hoping to hear upon Fallout 3's release - info about the next TES title. I'm quite surprised to hear that they're aiming to have it out (potentially) in 2010.

I can't wait!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it's kinda like Fable 2 in that everyone has guns now.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it's like, fun- for once.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they need to hire some decent animators.... oblivion and morrowinds animations were ****ing terrible, you can get more lifelike animations in hl1 for christ sake.

That aside, I hope they remove the mind numbing skill grinding, or have it to a lesser extent.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, and Vampires. Lots more vampires. And Vampire-specific quests and Vampire Hunters.

Vampire mods are what kept me playing Oblivion.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, and Vampires. Lots more vampires. And Vampire-specific quests and Vampire Hunters.

Vampire mods are what kept me playing Oblivion.
I only have graphics mods >.>

Other **** seems kinda half assed / buggy.

And dave; you mirror my mind you fantastic man- they have to be some of the worst next gen animations ever.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The animations aren't terrible, I hardly ever notice. But I agree, they could use work.

I'm excited for a new TES game. :eek:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only have graphics mods >.>

Other **** seems kinda half assed / buggy.

And dave; you mirror my mind you fantastic man- they have to be some of the worst next gen animations ever.
Horrible. Go download some mods right now.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That aside, I hope they remove the mind numbing skill grinding, or have it to a lesser extent.
Maybe I'm not your typical TES player, but what skill grinding?

I don't recall ever doing any sort of repetitive, tedious action in order to get my skills to increase. I'd just play through the various guild quests and the main quest, and by the time I was done with that, it would be evident which skills were the most useful, as they'd be all at or near 100.

When I think of "skill grinding", I think of Morrowind, wherein, in order to actually get half-way decent in any of the spell-casting schools, you had to run around casting spells from that school over and over again, while walking, sleeping, fighting, chatting with NPCs, and so forth. I never did that in Oblivion, regardless of what class I was using or what skill I was looking to increase.

I played through Oblivion three times, with three very distinct characters, and I never recall having to skill grind in order to make it through the game.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really only grinded to get my jump up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wait didn't they just release a new TES game?

fallout? wasn't that it?..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wait didn't they just release a new TES game?

fallout? wasn't that it?..
Doesn't sound like you've played it yet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually i got to the first time you go outside, and went "holy **** it's oblivion" :p

other than that i do actually like fallout 3 =]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll admit it'd be kind of nice if all the generic characters didn't look exactly like Oblivion characters. Lots of redguard in Fallout 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom