Possible Limit Breaks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I remember discussing this with someone but I cannot find the thread. It was a long time ago, but I will bring it up once more. Possible limit breaks. For those of you who have played any Final Fantasy game, you should know what it is. For those of you who dont know, a limit break is a special technique that can be used for a sertain period of time, or once and it does a good amount of damage. Limit breaks take time to get and, if used wisely, can be very affective. I was thinking, maybe add limit breaks to ESF? Ex: Goku, (after a sertain amount of PL gained) has kaio-kan. By pressing a button (a sertain button of course) he can use the kaio-kan attack for a limited amount of time, doing more damage than regular melee/beams. Im not sure how much work and effort it will take to make this possible, but im thinking it might be a pretty cool idea.:)

Please give me you responses and hopefully someone from the team may take this into consideration. :p

Best answers
i love the idea

its very interesting and would make the game really interesting also, id also like to see what theyd add for everyone elses limit breaks if they did add it o_O

it makes you think of what they COULD be........lol im thinking of suggestions for these 'limit breaks' as i type :laff:

Best answers
i thought up somthing like this in the sugestion forums, but i dont think anyone realy understood what i was talking about.

I kindof think that most or every one sould have one of these, but in only one of there transformations. Like goku has hi kaio-kan in his normal form, but would lose health for an increase of speed and power. Vegeta and trunks could go ussj when in ssj, but they would lose speed for the increase of power and attack.

It would make the charecters more unique I think.

Best answers
about 10 mins after i made my last post i thought of something for gohan

I believe it would be when he 'unlocks' his Potential i guess o_o not sure though lol

but majin vegeta i dont think using USSJ would be very useful, since i belive vegetas' transformations line would be

Normal
SSJ
USSJ
SSJ2

since everyone should have 3 transformations in my opinion you know o_O

Best answers
I never saw this on dbz... But I remember on ff7 !!! w00t!!!

Best answers
there arent any limit breaks on DBZ, yes it is in FF7, but what he is saying is that maybe the team could implant them in some way for extra power-ups or something

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I am trying to say is... every DBZ character has something special or something unique about them. For instance, Piccolo. He has the power to regenerate. Why not make that a limit break for him? (it can be something else, just trying to clear things up) He can regenerate during the time the limit break is on. You know what im saying? :)

Best answers
being that the team doesnt want to put majin vegeta into the game,(thats what ive been told anyway) y not make vegeta's LB be majin vegeta?

Best answers
omg........you are so...........
s.................
t.................
u................
p................
ENDOUS what a genius! i love the idea :D
*edit*
i really like the kao-ken and the majin vegeta idea except the fact that hes...well evil until he fights buu i think? o_o

Best answers
Ahh cool i love FF7 imgaine it being on ESF lol. It could be like the desperation moves in DBZ Hyper Dimention ;)

Best answers
That would be a good move to have the limit breaks, it would give some people the advantage like me i am not very good at the game, but i would not mind. It would be good to have that if used good it would be a very good idea.

Best answers
Best....Idea......ever!!!!! Like one of them could be Cells Ultra Powered up form (When he gets friggin huge).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't agree with much but this might actually be cool. It would have to be called something other then a limit break; maybe "desperation attack" or something like that.

They sort of DO have limit breaks in DBZ. I mean...the times when things get desperate and they push just a little bit more, you know?

Of course they could put in a universal limit break for everyone, where they get uber-powered up temporarily and do more damage/take less, but it would be cooler if they were personalized. Goku could have Kaioken (which would shut everyone up), Trunks could have a massive version of one of his attacks (shutting the rest of everyone up), maybe Vegeta could have that dumb Final Shine move with a huge blast radius so that he can kill multiple people when performed in the right area, negating the fact that he dies himself...Buu could his dimensional screaming shield thing, or maybe do the absorption thing where he gets one of the moves of the character he absorbs; Krillin could get a massive speed boost or melee boost; Gohan's shield could instantly reflect moves back, etc.

Just some pointless ideas. Sounds like it wouldn't be a retarded feature if implemented fairly and correctly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what would be good is if squaresoft did with dbz, as they did with disney...lol a dbz battle system

Anyway, the idea is really ood and would be ace to see in esf...Everyone in the show has their moment of desperation where they manage to power up to a higher degree of power (for example, when one of the z team see other members get hurt, or when the bad guys find themselves outmatched) Well, just an idea for the less involved characters (i.e krillin)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I guess that is cool... it could be sorta like a "desperation move".... but every character should have one.... having it for only some of the characters is.... erm.... uh... snobby?.... stupid?.... dunno :D

Best answers
Sounds to me like it should be somthing you could only activate when you've been beaten on enough, or reached a certain pl and then when you;ve taken enough damage to better represent your last ditch effort. Or you could just give everyone different requirments in order to activate it, like getting melled 3 times in a row without hitting back in return, or if 3 or more teamates get killed with one attack? Dont know how hard that would be to impliment, but it sure would add that extra edge.

Best answers
i reckon it should be like on a time limit, like 15 mins everyone gets a limit break, and then maybe u get 1 min to use it or somethign, cuz other wise people will end up just saving it and then waiting it till the next break to use it then they can use another one. but yeah the idea is really good.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like an awful lot of work for something so minor. People would end up depending on their limit breakers to get them out of a bind, and it would make combat more uneven towards the person who is rightfully winning. Why should they have to pay for successfully knocking you around? I wouldn't expect any advanced and contraversial features like this one to be implamented at any time before beta 1.3.

Best answers
But it wouldn't get you out of a bind because for example your in a bind, you've got transformation pl, then you trans, you'll canna have to stand there and wait until he trans and before that someones canna melee you (unless you got perfect). So what i'm saying is they make it like trans without perfect. Also maybe with some people e.g Vegeta, there limits are different depending on the team, e.g evil=Magin and good=USSJ and on 1 for all you could pick what you want.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I think the limit break/ desperation move should only be available when you have less than 10 hp (when your power usually starts to drop) because in 1.1 if you power drains completly then you die, so only able to use the abilities when health is less than 10. Seems like a good feature to add in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom