Possible Fixes for 1.3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When 1.3 comes out, I hope it has less flaws then 1.2.3 did. Trust me, if you guys fixed some of these problems that I am about to list, then your mod will be much more professional then before.

Blocking:
[img=http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/9853/blocking3wp.th.jpg]
As you can see here, I am blocking a SB yet my character isn't even touching the SB.

SB PSing:
[img=http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/9074/sbps9pr.th.jpg]
As you can see here, the SB's aren't even touching eachother. Same problem is happening as before with my character.

Other Ball PSing:
[img=http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8173/khhtps1lf.th.jpg]
Instead of having it like this, maybe have the balls combine or do something more similar to the show.

Charge:
[img=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4143/charge6rj.th.jpg]
Everyone who has seen DB,DBZ, DBGT knows that the charge sprite never gets bigger then the character. It always stays inside their hands. The beam is what changes shape. The red shows where it should be.

Beam:
[img=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2851/beam1zs.th.jpg]
I hear its up to the modelers to decide where the beams start when firing one so maybe have it so the edge of the sprite touches the hand or at least 1/3 of the sprite touches the hand. In red is where I think it should be.

Beams:
[img=http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6735/khh1qy.th.jpg]
The red arrow shows a kind of elbow/notch in the beam, I am not sure if this can be fixed or not but if it can, please do so.

SBC:
[img=http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6828/sbcfront2zy.th.jpg]
The SBC should definietly be smaller then now. In the show, it was a type of lazer that was about as big as Piccolo's arm.
[img=http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/1434/sbc8sh.th.jpg]
Also, make sure the beam comes from out of the arm and not from the foreahead.

Fingerlazer:
[img=http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6602/fingerlazer5ix.th.jpg]
The beam should stop as soon as the finger starts to move downwards. As you see, Frieza's hand is down and the lazer is still shooting forward. Maybe have it so the hand can not go down until the beams have hit the wall and the animation has stopped.

Thats all I have now, if anyone wants to add in, they are more then welcome to.

EDIT: Don't know why the thumbnail pictures didn't come out. All you have to do, is click the link. Sorry.

Best answers
They sound good to me. Most of them seem like animation problems. My only suggestion would be an aura like the turbo aura that you can turn on for a slight powerup that doesn't turn off when you get hit or hit someone like in the show when their hair is actually golden rather than the pale yellow when they aren't powered up as much. Also a lightning power up aura for SS2.
No aura, pale hair.

SS2 powered up golden hair.
SS2 aura with lightning. Arrg don't know why the hair's pale in that one. damn inconsistancy

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kidboy. Where did you get that SBC. ITs about 3 times bigger than mine >.<

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion, all of these suggestions are useless because a) they're purely cosmetic and b) I'm fairly certain the team is going to or already has fixed these slight problems.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I just wanted to make sure thing are not looked over.

I wanted to add a suggestion also. How about when a character blocks a energy ball, he puts his hands in front to block and not cross his arms to block it. Also, if the energy ball is ALOT stronger then other ball attacks like Ki blasts, gen balls and maybe some sig moves, then the stronger energy ball destorys/absorbs the attacks and continues to move in the same path.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to agree with most of your points, Kidboy. Those things do need work, and while I can point to why some of these happen (the SB thing for example), they shouldn't happen at all, even if they are purely cosmetic.

Some of them are already being worked on, some of them I will be sure to bring up with the rest of the team.

As for your last point here:
KidBoy17 said:
I wanted to add a suggestion also. How about when a character blocks a energy ball, he puts his hands in front to block and not cross his arms to block it.
we're already working on something along those lines... except more sexified ;).
KidBoy17 said:
Also, if the energy ball is ALOT stronger then other ball attacks like Ki blasts, gen balls and maybe some sig moves, then the stronger energy ball destorys/absorbs the attacks and continues to move in the same path.
This already happens as far as I know. Unless you can be more specific?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain, I love you alot right now.

Ok here is an example. Frieza form 2 at pl 10 million fires a DeathBall at Goku who is at 5million pl. Goku fires a SB at the DB but the DB eats up the SB without any stuggle and continues to move forward as if nothing happened.

Also, if I am not mistaken you can shoot abunch of ki blasts at a SB and have them stuggle a little bit then start shooting Gen balls and have them do the same thing. Ki blasts shouldn't be able to struggle with anything at all. If they hit something they should explode, even if they hit another ki blast. Gen balls and other ball type energies should have that option of stuggling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams that are substantially weaker get absorbed in the current version. You'd only be able to struggle with ki blasts if your opponent had a far lower PL than you did.

The spirit bomb is a special case. It is always one of the strongest attacks in the game due to the fact that it draws its power from the server average, not the player PL. I imagine that if you fired a small SB into a larger attack it would get absorbed.

Are we talking about the same thing or am I missing the point?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No you got it down. I didn't know the SB was that strong. Well I guess it would have to be BBA vs DB then or some other super strong ball attack to go against it. So Frieza fires a db at 10 million and Vegeta fires a BBA at 4 million. What should happen is DB absorbs BBA. As of right now, they would struggle is I remember correctly.

Struggle I mean as the two hit and the stronger one keeps pushing the weaker one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain, the smaller attack gets absorped? Does that mean the bigger attack becomes even stronger?

That's ****ing awesome right there. :yes:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd really like to suggest a lower sound for the swoop noise... it very loud and gives me a headache after awhile.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Found another one. If you knock someone back with simple melee and then swoop after them so you can do prepunches, you character doesn't even touch them if your opponent does his back flip/recovery thing.

Also, will you guys make recovering better? its somewhat slow. Should be able to recover right on the spot like in the Budokai games. I only use that as a ref because thats really the only games out there.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think that if a large beam vaporizes another enemy beam because of its larger power level, the big beam should not become stronger because all it did was knock it out of the way technically speaking.

Now if teammates throw beams into your big beam and they become absorbed, then it should become stronger ;p

KidBoy17 said:
Found another one. If you knock someone back with simple melee and then swoop after them so you can do prepunches, you character doesn't even touch them if your opponent does his back flip/recovery thing.
Well since advanced melee is getting revamped, I think they are going to take out prepunches.
KidBoy17 said:
Also, will you guys make recovering better? its somewhat slow. Should be able to recover right on the spot like in the Budokai games. I only use that as a ref because thats really the only games out there.
Ideas related to kidboys recovery ;p
1) When your being knocked around with basic melee, it also makes the player sorta helpless. There should be a way to use some stamina and it gives you an instant recovery so you can catch the enemy off guard (recovery button maybe?). Stamina cost needs to be balanced though.

2) Another idea is allowing the player that was hit (from basic melee) to fire a generic beam as he is flying backwards, but the ki cost to charge it would be doubled or something to be fair. This would work nicely when beam attacks are going to be given a knockback factor (or stun factor if its weaker hopefully :) ) in 1.3. It can stun the enemy for a second giving the player a chance to escape.
There is going to be a way to defend yourself after the 3rd basic melee hit (since the 2 hit limit is being removed). It says that you can block simple melee hits if you aim directly at the enemy and hold block.

It talks about the melee delay in the design documents. -->

"Rather important:The melee delay: A teleport should override the melee delay (to prevent the waiting gamestyle). It happens more then once that you just fly still, wait for the other to attack and you just right after he teles, you'll get a free hit (and more)."

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
I think that if a large beam vaporizes another enemy beam because of its larger power level, the big beam should not become stronger because all it did was knock it out of the way technically speaking.

Now if teammates throw beams into your big beam and they become absorbed, then it should become stronger ;p
Actually I never said anything about a beam. The thing I was talking about was energy Balls. But your suggestion got me thinking, maybe the team could have it so the stronger beam in a ps could start to envolpe the weaker beam. Example would be Perfect Cell vs. SSJ2 Gohan. I think that would make people enjoy psing alot more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES! that's what I meant once, long ago.

Instead of beams moving around and just getting LONGER and LONGER, the one eats the other one, so the beams stay in a straight line and they won't wander of into nowhereness, so then the beam struggle will stay the same length, except for the loser's beam gets shorter and vice versa.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that small blasts should explode on contact with eachother, the big ones rebound in opposite directions (direction depending on the angle hit at)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom