Portals

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, that looks like hours of fun. Might have to check it out when it's released.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
Valves new game portal has released its first video, honestly the game looks sweet, looks like a rip off of prey, but honestly it looks better then prey, if they put the portal system into another game somehow i think 3drealms will sue lol.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/842/842671/vids_1.html
I posted a link to the same video in the other thread... Anyway, Portals has been in development before Prey was announced.

The video was beyond belief, originally I thought the little stick figure thing they had was the actual Portal game, well... I was in for a suprise.

Best answers
If they make it so you can put an entry portal on the floor and an exit portal on the ceiling directly above it so you can fall forever, I would play it. For some reason that just sounds fun to me.. *edit* Finally finished the trailer. Yeah I'mma play it.

The game looks fun. I don't know if you can call it a ripoff of Prey since the portals in Prey were very much like appetizers to the main course. They were cool in Prey, but the gameplay and utilizing gravity were the real meat and potatoes.

Best answers
Tassadar said:
If they make it so you can put an entry portal on the floor and an exit portal on the ceiling directly above it so you can fall forever, I would play it. For some reason that just sounds fun to me.
You can do that, it was shown in the video

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
If they make it so you can put an entry portal on the floor and an exit portal on the ceiling directly above it so you can fall forever, I would play it. For some reason that just sounds fun to me.. *edit* Finally finished the trailer. Yeah I'mma play it.

The game looks fun. I don't know if you can call it a ripoff of Prey since the portals in Prey were very much like appetizers to the main course. They were cool in Prey, but the gameplay and utilizing gravity were the real meat and potatoes.
Well that was in the video ^^

This game actualy seems worth checking out XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was impressed, it seems so simple, yet so original and involving.

The 'infinite fall' part was interesting, surely if the player moved and inch to the right he'd be liquidated under the weight of his own body?

If there's multiplayer, i'd buy it on day of release.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mother****er, now that looks totally awesome. o__o

I want it and I want it now. <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
INFINITY LOOPS! I MUST MAKE INFINITY LOOPS.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There were more games who used "portals" in the past, so I think 3drealms can't sue anyone becuae they also use "portals", besides, in prey you can't make your own right? here you can.

Man, I really want this game D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could wonder that perhaps Valve licensed the coding for this "Portal technology" FROM 3D Realms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cream my pants everytime someone says "Portal" now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
I cream my pants everytime someone says "Portal" now.
Portal.

Can't wait for this game to be released. I'm seriously giddy about it. I got half the stock from watching that video (All 100 times I watched it). Looks like it might be built on the Source engine as well.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Portal.

Looks good, but not to my liking. I'm sure people who enjoy slow paced games will love this, but sadly I won't.

The voice also ticked me off.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Portal.

That's 3 new undies now. :O

I don't know, to me it's a ripoff. And tbh, I don't even like HL2.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks interesting. I'll get it if it's cheap, and play through the whole thing not giving a damn who originally came up with the idea of having teleportation portals in a first person shooter.

Best answers
Portal.

Portal.

Portal.

I think I just creamed myself with that too.. damn awesome! ;o /me is soo getting this one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Portal.

Small factette of info at Penny Arcade;

Tycho said:
It also has a story apparently, which hasn't been communicated by the trailer, but it takes place in the same continuity as Half-Life itself. I've heard the ideas it presents dismissed as ripping off Prey, and if there is a more ignorant statement to be made regarding these two games it has yet to be discovered. Prey's portals aren't user created. What's more, they're used in a completely different way: Prey is a first-person shooter, while Portal is clearly... something else. It's a puzzle game, or an adventure game, or a platformer. You tell me.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Portal look's like Janemba's portals

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom