Poll - Ascending ideas thread | Interactive ascending or old style ascending

What kind of transformation would YOU like?

• Total voters
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well I thought about it and I really think we should have an interactive ascending ESPECIALLY in the FINAL version. Seriously its just too plain and simple. So im doing a poll if you would like an interactive way of ascending or just keep it how it is so the development team will SEE before there EYES what the people want! (at least on some minor things)

I also suggest this will be a thread for suggesting ascending ideas if there is any if moderators like it...

heres my old idea

Transforming idea
This is an idea for transforming: I remember in 1.2 there was 3 transformation animations. Example with goku: first transformation: was on his 1.75 mil PL, he had lightnings around him like in frieza saga, then he got second transform: that happened about 300K more and the animation was different,(as long as you got more PL the less time to transform) it was just a golden aura spinning around him and when he got to 5 mil he was perfect trans, which means no animation although I count it to the third animation. And you were not vulnerable during the transformation process.

What I am saying compared to the 1.2 transformation system is: to keep the idea of first transform, (like goku and his lightning, no changes on how to transform) then when he get the second transform you need to use turbo charge to your max powerlevel that you can and then after you charged it all you press your "ascend button", the aura of the charged turbo start switching colors from white to gold like a fluorescent light. (He remains at the same pose like when you powerup, it will look very cool if you get my idea of "turbo charge rocks and dust idea") And the last complete transformation should be like in the series when they have about 0.7 seconds until they finish transforming (could be nice if turbo aura stayed there until the player cancel it, but that is for the big guys to decide).

It should be easier and faster to transform when your powerlevel is closer to the Perfect Transformation powerlevel until its an immediate transformation like now.

Video to back me up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToEIyfleY8

If you have your own idea post it in here please :)

By the way: maybe we should have an earthquake effects in some of the transformations if not all of them (Shaky game screen)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why make a poll with no poll >.<

In any case im fro making it stay as it is.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really see the need to make a transformation slightly complicated... there's points when you're hiding to get them off.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I don't really see the need to make a transformation slightly complicated... there's points when you're hiding to get them off.
have you read the idea? It isn't complicated its just more interactive

of course more people are welcome to add stuff of there own

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you read the idea? It isn't complicated its just more interactive

of course more people are welcome to add stuff of there own
The thing is there is really no point in more interactive other than the "WOW" factor. And even that would only last 2 or 3 transformations before it gets boring.

I know id start cursing if i had to charge my turbo when i wanted to transform.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see anypoit in chaning this it's preaty much usles i did even know how to transform when i first started to play this game till some one told me how , presing a buton was hard for me to learn first time but you want more interactive

Mog

Best answers
Deco said:
Well I thought about it and I really don't think we should NOT have a non-interactive ascending ...
What!? that's the most confusing thing I've read this year... but after I read it five times I realised what you said.
What you basically said was: "I think we should keep the non-interactive ascending" o_O

I don't think it would be a good idea to make transforming more complicated, but your ideas might make transforming look more like the show.

The only suggestion I'd like to make is to allow transforming during a BS (like you can during a PS). But I suggested that 5 years ago... maybe I shouldn't suggest it again? :tired:

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<the transformation process is great already, of course the better animations the better wow. I agree that in perfect transformation aura stays on, <<cmon it has styyle.

Best answers
I look at transforming more for its use before and during combat than at what it looks like. If I wanted to interact with a flashy interface and hit buttons I'd play DDR.

Personally, I think that a charged transformation, like you say, should take longer, but show the animation. I think an uncharged animation should be faster, but start out weaker. As the transformation progresses, your PL gradually builds up to its max level. That way, if you transform before the fight, you have an immediate advantage being at your max, but on the down side, you have less time to be transed. If you trans during the fight, it's quick, catches them off guard, and it lasts longer, but it starts out weaker.

I do see a compromise in there though. Make different effects linked to keys in the transformation stage. You hit the button, it makes an effect. You could essentially customize your own trans style. I don't think that's possible in HL1... is this going to be in HL2?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
What!? that's the most confusing thing I've read this year... but after I read it five times I realised what you said.
What you basically said was: "I think we should keep the non-interactive ascending" o_O

I don't think it would be a good idea to make transforming more complicated, but your ideas might make transforming look more like the show.

The only suggestion I'd like to make is to allow transforming during a BS (like you can during a PS). But I suggested that 5 years ago... maybe I shouldn't suggest it again? :tired:
sorry I fixed it right now, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom